Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 08-13-2016, 10:10 AM

Default I guess no one is fishing ?

We are in one heck of a slump of fishing reports...Is anyone getting out ? I know the heat has been a problem for many, but I also know that quite a few of us have been out...

Guess I will start with what I have found over the last 10 days or so...

Biggest thing that has happened is the breaking fish have shown up in number for me...Mostly on the east side and certainly around Love Point, but I have also found fish on Belvedere as well...Have to pick through the small ones but I always seem to find enough keepers if I wanted to keep some. Last time out the largest was a fat 27".

Last two times out the plan was to chum, but honestly there were so many fish feeding I skipped the chum and jigged or used top water lures.

I have gotten a few blues (small) mixed in with the stripers that have been breaking but not much to write home about.

I have continued to find smaller perch, spot, and croaker in areas under 10 feet keeping gulp or fishbites blood worms on the bottom and drifting over ledges or humps.

The fishing has been good enough for me that I have not been south of the bridge in at least 6 weeks, maybe more.

How is it going for those of you who get to go fishing a lot more than I do ?
Old 08-13-2016, 01:18 PM

I"ve been finding breakers as well, but not many keepers. Fortunately, when I run out of the marina in the evening or morning by myself, I don't need but one fish for dinner

Boat is in the driveway of my home right now. Cleaning her up for fall fishing. Woody waxed the deck and gunnels today. Still have to clean the transducers of "fur". The bottom is pretty clean. Not in a hurry to get it back in until this heat wave subsides.
5th
Old 08-14-2016, 01:19 PM

As a C&R guy primarily, I don't generally fish with the water temps in the 80's. I did have some buddies that wanted to keep fish so I went out Thursday (10 days ago) and we trolled up some nice fish in the mouth of the Chester. 22' of water with Hoses. 3 fish were over 30" and it took from 6:30- 3 to catch a full limit.
Went back there on Sat and caught nothing. Did manage to get 1 fish on Swan Point though. And some shorts Jigging.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:34 PM

I have been doing very well off swan point. Most fish have been 24" and above. Red tubes catch the overs. Bfg's and drones have been catching the unders. Last time out was last Sunday afternoon. Had our 4 man limit of overs and unders in 1 1/2 hours. Too hot for me this weekend, probably won't go out again until next weekend.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:08 PM

Went out Friday and caught a 3 man limit, all unders. Most of the action was chasing breakers north of the bridge on the edge of the main channel jigging with Li'l Bunkers and BKDs. We did manage a few keepers live lining at the bridge.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:52 AM

Still working tail off not chasing it!