Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-05-2009, 09:13 PM

Arrow Jighead designs take 1

Hey guys,
Spent some time expeimenting this afternoon after having to work. Here's what I got for you to look at so far:

"Ultra Minnow" I can do these in anything from 1/2 to 1.5 ounces and use a few different size hooks depending on the lure of choice

"Thin Shad style" I can do these in anything from 1-2 ounces and can put different size hooks in

"Thick shad" Anything from 1 to 2.5 ounces and can do several different size hooks.

"Style H or Pregnant minnow". Anything from 1-2.5 ounces. Again I can put different size hooks in most of them

And finally my favorite! Round heads. I got molds for 1-3 oz's and can really play with the hooks in this mold. The hook keepers are thin in this mold too, so it's easy to use them with a smaller lure. Putting big eyes on these are tough. I may try to drill a hole to fit the eye.

HOOK SIZES!

Here's a picture of the same jighead with two different size hooks for different lures:

And here are the heads with the lures on them. You can see how the small hook fits the 5" BA well while the big hook fits the 10" BKD well.

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by Francis; 12-05-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:19 PM

One more!

Here is the unpainted with eyes. By not painting them but just putting eyes on them I save a ton of time and money and they still get eyes. I actually really like the way they look.

Last edited by Francis; 12-05-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:27 PM

send some samples I'll let you no how they work. better yet put em in the boat and bring it to the CBBT.

Lee
Old 12-05-2009, 10:13 PM

Default Nice!

I'll take thick shad, unpainted, with eyes. 3/4 or 1 oz. One dozen with small hooks for 5 inch, one dozen with big hooks. I'll pick them up at Buzz's next weekend or spring opener. Mark
Old 12-05-2009, 11:34 PM

Their looking good ........... got a price list together yet?
Old 12-06-2009, 09:38 AM

Francis,

Is it possible to order from you and how can I pick them up. I think you mentioned in a previous post that your close to Olney. Is that right?
Old 12-06-2009, 10:01 AM

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the comments! I will be putting together a price list today. Trust me, it will be cheaper than most people are charging. I am simply trying to do something constructive while watching the caps game! Now, if you want something special with a really high dollar hook that I have to buy in packs of 25 and not 1000, the price will be different.

I will get everything together today and post later.

I live in Silver Spring and work in Olney but travel to Solomons frequently to fish, so I can meet anywhere pretty much for a drop off/pick up, or, I can mail them to you.

I will get back with a price list later today. Thanks guys!
Old 12-06-2009, 11:28 AM

I really like your idea of forgoing the frills and selling in bulk, Francis. Why spend a fortune on jig heads that you're just gonna lose anyway? Hope you sell a ton.

My preference is for the thin shad type heads, the second one down. I think the thin, sharp design cuts the current better and gets to the bottom faster. I also think it presents a wider profile when the fish sees it from the side, and there's more room to be creative with color, eyes, etc.

My second choice is the triangular "thick shad" type right below it, for similar reasons. That's the most common high-end style I see. They're getting on up to $3.00 each at some shops.

I'm sure there are advantages and disadvantages to each style. I've seen you slay some hawgs on those round ones but damned if I can figure out why.

Good luck!

"Catch & Release - A picture is worth a thousand fish"
Old 12-06-2009, 03:54 PM

For the round, just dip a nail in some jig paint and apply the eyes with a small dab .
Old 12-06-2009, 05:50 PM

Nice jig heads and you are finally watching a real sport THE CAPS. Nice job francis.