Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 09-07-2014, 05:46 AM

Default Friday, Saturday report

Left the dock Friday intending to fish the western shore by Balto. Light and below. After almost being swamped by a freighter that threw 2 wakes that broke over my bow and not getting a bite, I decided to move to the Eastern Shore Love Point area. Caught the end of the out going and got some rock up to 26" and some blues 2 to 3# trolling Captain John's spoonbrellas and bars.
Returned to the same area Saturday and it was a bird show with bait all over the screen and some fish as well. Got out the spread and did not get a bite for an hour and my party wanted to leave I told them it was a waiting game but they insisted that they wanted to go bottom fishing. Sooooo we went bottom fishing on some of the oyster bars and reefs and ended up catching perch, large spot and a lot of snapper blues.
Nice to see "Justified" out there, what a nice looking boat

bhl (Bruce)
Old 09-07-2014, 06:30 AM

Too bad your party was impatient, we had 2 fish within 10 minutes of setting lines. It took awhile but we caught 2 more later. All were released- a few were in rough shape with sores and no one on board wanted to keep a fish today. Red hoses still the ticket but did catch one on a red spoon as well. No boards, only boat rods and fish outgoing tide for the afternoon. Saw only a few birds, and very little bait, but marked a few decent schools of fish. May head out today if it lays down some, or I could do the maintenance I have been putting off while it's nice and cool out.
Big THANKS to Bruce for steering me in the right direction!! I'm sure it was messing with some people that we were finally both out on the same day!

Old 09-08-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
I'm sure it was messing with some people that we were finally both out on the same day!
I can just see other boaters thinking, "which one do I follow"

It's getting so crowded with 27's, that I bought a yellow flag with "5th" to fly off my roof so people can tell it's me and not Greg (Bfaithful), Mark (Mlag), Dave (flycatcher), Jason (RockinRobin), Jim (PowerPlay), Jeff (Sykesville), or Tawn (HellsBells)

5th
Old 09-09-2014, 03:01 PM

Talking Hangin' in there

Hi Guys.....Fishing may be a little slow lately but it sure doesn't suck. The "Gum Thickets" area is "played out" with the blues taking over and the rock "going ashore" as they start to do at this time of the year. Last Sunday 8/31, was our last decent day there with a family that caught 56 blues and 10 rock. It took 8 hrs to do it !!
The fish in our area have moved down to Stone Rock and points south. On Friday, 5 of us caught our limit of rock in 30 minutes with some nice blues mixed in. The next day we took a party back there but it took until the tide change for the fish to turn on! When they did, we limited out on Rock and had 40 blues up to 24 Inches!! The young man in the picture is holding 24 & a 23" bluefish !
We are still "Livelining" as the Spot are holding up well down here!
photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg
Old 09-10-2014, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Charlie View Post
Hi Guys.....Fishing may be a little slow lately but it sure doesn't suck. The "Gum Thickets" area is "played out" with the blues taking over and the rock "going ashore" as they start to do at this time of the year. Last Sunday 8/31, was our last decent day there with a family that caught 56 blues and 10 rock. It took 8 hrs to do it !!
The fish in our area have moved down to Stone Rock and points south. On Friday, 5 of us caught our limit of rock in 30 minutes with some nice blues mixed in. The next day we took a party back there but it took until the tide change for the fish to turn on! When they did, we limited out on Rock and had 40 blues up to 24 Inches!! The young man in the picture is holding 24 & a 23" bluefish !
We are still "Livelining" as the Spot are holding up well down here!
Attachment 1432

Attachment 1433
Thanks for the report Charlie. I won't be down that way until mid October. Hopefully it keeps up. I have to take a wedding party from Herrington Harbor fishing 2 days before the wedding. Then I have to clean the boat up because the Bride and Groom want to ride into their reception on my boat I might give you a shout when I get down there.

bhl (Bruce)