Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-03-2014, 01:51 PM

Default Fishing Alaska

I'm scheduled to cruise back via the Inside Passage to Vancouver from Seward next summer and was hoping along the way to be able to do some halibut/salmon fishing.

Anybody ever done that and/or have any guide recommendations?

I've got a couple of full day layovers so I looking for somebody near Juneau or Ketchikan...
Old 06-03-2014, 09:40 PM

Spent a week last summer in Gustavus,AK fishing. Slammed fish with deep blue charters and the Alaskan Angler inn (I think). They have a lodge that does package deals with boats they "own". Everything was great and they did whatever they could to accommodate you as a guest. They were fantastic!!!

Highly recommend them!!! A 10 minute flight from Juneau or a 60 mile boat ride.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:13 PM

Default Alaska

We were up there 2 yrs ago. Indescribable trip!!!! I booked 2 trips via the cruise line, (Princess), one stream fishing out of Talkeetna and one trolling out of Ketchekan. The stream fishing was off the wall!!! The trolling was fun but not as productive. Forget the offer to "can" your catch and ship it home for you! If you want canned salmon, buy it when you get home! You will save a bundle.
I have traveled all over Europe and the US.....you will never forget Alaska!!
Old 06-05-2014, 06:19 AM

I lived in Alaska for 3 years in the military in the early 80's. One trip fishing in Alaska will ruin your fishing for the rest of your life. You'll always be looking for a trip like "Alaska". I used to fish with a friend on that Talachulitna river for trout with a fly rod. We used deer hair mice that we tied up ourselves. Amazing fishing. I loved the halibut, really fight and it was fun but the real pleasure was at the dinner table.

You probably can't go really wrong. You might consider asking the cruise line about a guide. Since they have a common reputation at stake (your happiness on the cruise) they probably have someone.

Good luck.

Steve