Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2011, 01:15 PM

Thanks for keeping an eye on me Jamie and caring so much. If you want me to help tie your leaders, I certainly would help. I dont remember breaking off a lot, though I am sure i did snag up once. I do remember retying several times (and having to take a few business calls) as I believe I started with a 1oz spro bucktail with bkd, then went to a 1.5 oz and then a 2oz to try to feel bottom better. Since you were there first and wanting to show some courtesy to the the first boat there, we fished the water a little more differently than i had on the previous trips and was trying figure out the feel when casting across the outflow. Besides, the guys that were with me were better light tackle guys than I am and I was trying to follow their lead more to learn other ways to fish the area. We were glad to see you guys land a nice-sized fish just as we got there as it was the only fish over 30" we saw caught all day. Unfortuantely our largest was a little short of 30" by dave. Though it wasnt my best trip to the "secret spot" , we caught fish and had good time.

Unfotunately I lost more tackle last thursday while we were dragging our knuckles trolling (which is still a lot of fun to me ) when we snagged something in 70' of water. I think I lost close to $50 in lures between a nice AllTackle tandem rig and an umbrella.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 03-21-2011 at 01:59 PM.