Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 09-14-2012, 09:57 AM

Default Last Night

Not best, not the worst....

Got a few around 18" near the channel edges with smaller baits trolled on light tackle...almost all the fish I caught there were in the upper 10 to 15 foot at most...

Hit the shallower water right before dark and got a few croaker and a couple of bigger stripers...Largest of the night was 22"...A boat near me brought in a nice 25" but it was filled with sores....Fish are really seaming to be holding tightly to structure including ledges, edges, and humps...

Still waiting for the guy with the new boat to take me out and catch some of those 2 foot blues he has been into lately...

Old 09-15-2012, 08:01 PM

Hi Mike; sorry I can't take you out for those blues until I get home. I'm down OC (bike week); I'm in HOG heaven. I thought I saw a lot of bikes when the wife and I picked up a harley in Miami and did a week in the Keys. But no way; there are bikes everywhere.
Lots of venders selling bike stuff. One of the coolest places sells LED lights for your bike and they have six bike lifts available with technicians to do the install. After you purchase the lights, the techs install the lights for tips. Sounds like BOE needs to do something like that for boats.
While I was away, I had Craig White come over and swap my sidescan/downscan over to the Judge. She should be ready to splash when I get back.
The ocean is pretty warm. Did lots of bodysurfing and didn't break my neck. My face and chest are sunburned. All that chartering and I didn't get burned once this summer; I come to the Ocean for a few days and BAM, I look like a Canadian that just arrived in OC.
I didn't bring a rod with me this time (wanted to spend more time with the wife because of the new boat). I did talk her into a sightseeing tour on a boat, and I did walk across the bridge and talk to several fishermen (saw 16 inch flounder and some small seabass caught).
LOVE the sound of the bikes crossing the bridge.
I'll be home soon.
5th (Marty)