Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 09-25-2011, 08:55 PM

Thumbs up 9/25 Water is still muddy, Don't tell anyone the fish are still biting

Was hoping to head out with Scott as usual...Circumstances didn't work in our favor...Thought about staying in, but no wind, and nice temps...Could not resist....

Got on the water around 5:30....Water was absolute glass on the west side of the Bay...The water temp still hovering around 72...Water still muddy but a lot less than it has been...Water in the main stem, west side, still looks a lot better, there is some debris, some of it large, but it seems each day there is a little less...

Tried the Beetle Spin for a short time to see if I could get a good perch bite, finally gave up on that (although I did catch a couple later)...Started to worry, usually the perch bite gives me a good idea what rock fish bite will be like as the sun starts to go down...

Head down, thinking it was going to be a beautiful night of fishing, little catching, I changed over to larger baits and Bam...The bite was on....The first of the stripers, came on board, all of them were great fish tonight...

Was out for just under two hours and continued to land fish, almost one every 10 minutes, figure the time, to get the fish out of the net, reset the lures and cast, you can tell it was almost non-stop...Fish continued to roll in....

One of my favorite fish of the night was this little fighter, all of 3 or so inches...Fighting all the way in, shaking like mad on the lure...Did not not tire me out like some of the other fish, but fought harder than the others...

As it got closer to sunset, I thought I started hearing the channel cats start to roll around in the water....Unique sound they have when the slosh along the surface....Caught a few of them

Best part of the catfish was the size one of them was 10 plus pounds, another 12 +....

All of this action was on light tackle....ultra light rods, 8 and 10 lb test mono...rod bending action the whole time...

The night ended with a short ride home, weaving through some smaller debris as the day ended with a sky to remember....

All in all a great couple of hours on the water....

Get out there, be smart, navigate safely, but get out there...The bite is on....

Good luck to all....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Floaters.jpg (83.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Striper 1.jpg (89.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg striper 2.jpg (79.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Striper 6.jpg (88.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Little Fighter.jpg (85.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Beautiful Ending.jpg (76.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Big Cat.jpg (74.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Fat Cat.jpg (103.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-26-2011, 10:38 AM

Now that sounds like a good evening of fishing. Glad to hear that the water is staring to clear up, now if the rains would just stop I think we will have a good fall bite. Thanks for the report….
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com
Old 09-26-2011, 11:08 AM

Hey, your bow light was working again.

The fishing has been really good aside from a couple of days right after the debris hit.

I still haven't seen a single pod (flock?) of birds attacking bait yet this year. I'd love to get in on just a day or two of that kind of action. Seems as though I usually see more of that in the fall anyway.