Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2009, 07:18 PM

Default Fishing Report 12-8-09

OK Marty I"M not as good at these reports as you but i'll give it my best. Went out today with my Friends Marty 5th Tuition and Lou whom I don't believe posts. We were putting out the spread just south of Thomas Point 2 rods left to put out and fish on off the board. Marty grabbed the rod fight on. About half way in second rod goes off its Lou's turn. This fish hit a deep umbrella on an old rod with an old penn and took alot of drag getting rapped up into one of the roof rods. Marty landed his fish we took a quick pic and released the fish approx.38". As we were untangling the line from Lou's rod and the roof rod Marty's holding the roof rod line looks at me and say UTT! OHH! a fish just hit this line I need to put on gloves. We were all laughing got lines untangled landed both fish an turned back around north we were almost to Bloody by the time we got everything back out. Marty was talking to mlag by the way nice talking to you and sharing fishing space Mr. Mlag when 4th fish hit we wound up with a total of 8 fish 7 overs high 30's to low 40's 1 under . Out of the 8 only 1 deep hook that went into the cooler all others were released to fight another day. It was a great day of fishing with a great crew of friends.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:27 PM

Sounds like a great day. It's good to see these big fish evenly distributed throughout the bay.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:04 PM

Alan and Marty...................good fishing with you guys today. I appreciate the "call over". I owe you one. We had a good day as well with 3 overs and 3 unders (all on 9 inch shads, hungry fish).....................Mark

Last edited by mlag; 12-09-2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:18 PM

Alan; thanks for the invite. What a sweet boat; a 23 proline with hardtop and hard front and side windows. Add the drop curtain (first time this year) and it's a warm and toasty ride to the fishing grounds at 7 am. Lots of pretty fish and a nice a good crew. We hope to get out at least once or twice more. 5th (Marty)
Old 12-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Baldzilla

Alan,
Glad you got out, sounds like a banner day! You are a fish catching machine! You and Lou are great guys to fish with (insert Marty joke here)
Old 12-08-2009, 09:57 PM

LMAO Mark Marty might not be great with that net but i'll tell ya what he don't miss with that hand tool. Hoping to get at least one more trip in but if mother nature doesn't cooperate it wasn't a bad finish.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:48 PM

Hey Alan,

Great job at putting Marty on the fish. He always appreciates it since he's not very good at it. In fact, I saw him on the water one time fishing off his boat..it wasn't pretty. I don't think he's capable of doing anything but blowing bubbles in his oatmeal when he's the skipper.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Baldzilla

Slayer, I still don't believe Marty has a boat...
Old 12-09-2009, 10:02 AM

I have a boat, but I just try to spread my expertice around to other anglers. If I took my boat out all the time, there would hardly be any fish left in the bay for the rest of you guys. Did you see Greg's (Bfaithful) new numbers for recreational anglers. It shows we doubled our catch last year. Greg couldn't understand why. It was because I have trained so many new crews and boats last year. 5th (Marty)
Old 12-09-2009, 10:24 AM

Nice report Alan. Chit 8 fish....I might have to re-think not fishing that area anymore this season. Don't you all under estimate Marty. That man can fish, so long as you provide him the right equipment. He is no good using a net with sharp edges though...Don