Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-07-2009, 09:16 AM

Default A youngster gets personal best

Crew today was Jerry (Swartj), John (Jalopy), and Jeremiah a 13 y.o. young man who lives in my neighborhood.
I went down to the dock this morning and the entire boat was covered with about an inch of hard frozen ice……chipped away enough to get the battery hatch open and the motor running and then dumped some salt on the rest of it. So we started out with a Parker ice rink.
We left Deale at 0700 and headed where I left them Friday….ran east and dropped lines in 50 feet. The guys worked bit by bit to clear the remaining ice off the deck.
I’ve fished with John and Jerry so some experienced hands were on deck to get Jeremiah involved and helping.
A slow bite today, had to work for them……lots of bait and fish on the finder but they were all deep and seemed to have lockjaw.
First fish hit a 21 Tony on the WTFB line, Jeremiah was up and tried valiantly but it tangled with another line and he had to hand off to John…….a nice 34” ended up on ice…..and a tired kid went to take a nap with JoeDaDog in the vberth.
Two hours later we had a flurry of smaller fish, a 20” off a yellow UB trimmed with Storms, and it’s two brothers off a white board tandem and a yellow tandem WB.
Then a long boat ride…..
Around 300 we decided to pull lines, as we were doing so a chart tandem at 225 ft got hit good. Jeremiah got the rod and he wasn’t going to give up this fish ! (Especially after all the ribbing he took). He kept cranking and we kept coaching and a fat 37” came over the side. Jeremiah’s biggest fish ever !!!!!
Back at the dock I don’t know who was prouder, him or his father who came down to meet us !
John and I cleaned up boat as Jeremiah and Jerry cleaned fish….we wanted to make sure the young man got the full experience.

WX was cold, wind was up 15-20 most of the day, seas were choppy….Parker weather.
Not many boats out, didn’t see a Grady all day……
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jeremiah.jpg (30.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Jeremiah wfish.jpg (23.3 KB, 18 views)
Sandpiper Charters www.goinsfishin.com
Old 12-07-2009, 09:49 AM

Steve awesome report and great job getting that young man out fishing. I hope jerry did not slow you down too much
Old 12-07-2009, 09:55 AM

Congrads to Jeremiah. I think he slept hard last night.
Had another fun day out with Jerry and Steve.
Looking forward to next time.
John
Old 12-07-2009, 10:18 AM

Nice report Capt Steve. Congrats Jeremiah!!!....................Mark
Old 12-07-2009, 11:16 AM

Congratulations to Jeremiah!! Any youngster who fishes in this weather is a FISHERMAN! Now back to the woodstove.........Gary
Old 12-07-2009, 11:26 AM

I have to give Jeremiah his due, he worked hard on getting that deck clear of ice. He also stepped up his game after the ribbing he took when he needed help from John on the first fish.

Now fish cleaning is a different story.

Jerry
'06 Boston Whaler Conquest 235
Rhode River
Old 12-07-2009, 06:50 PM

Lightbulb

Hay Jerry John and chaptain it's Jeremiah that was so much fun fishing with u guys thanks for helping me learn about the planner boards and cleaning the fish it finaly kinda started to click I had a blast hope you guys did to hope to fish with u guys again

Last edited by LilHasz; 12-07-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:42 PM

Nice report Capt Steve. The bite was tough today and the winds worse than forcasted for sure. We were a little further north and glad to find some fish still in our neighborhood...Don