Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-23-2010, 08:51 AM

Default Buckhammer/Mackenna Jane II report 7-22

Headed just east of 50f north of the Poormans yesterday. After about 45 minutes we have a white hit the longrigger and miss. I dump the bridge rod and hook him after a very long drop back. A big white, in fact if that was during the WMO in two weeks, he gets a ride back to OC.

As the morning progressed, it got very rough and the fishing was slow until 11am when I got the call that a yellow fin bite started back where I hooked the white. Unfortunately, I had trolled 4 miles north. By the time I got back down their the bite had slowed but at about 1 pm we hook a yellowfin boating it after a few minutes. Spin around and catch a couple slinger dolphins and had another yellowfin miss the flat line. Right behind that, we hook a white and loose it, after a few minutes and one long grayhound across the ocean.

Fairly slow day for us. 1-2 white marlin, 1 yellowfin and 2 dolphins. Luckily, at 3 pm the seas laid out and we had a great ride home.

Jerry

Last edited by jjudge; 07-23-2010 at 09:01 AM.