Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-27-2016, 07:00 PM

Default Warning!!!

Stay away from "Furuno.FactoryOutletStore.com". No one speaks English, they don't know the product, customer service is horrendous. First, they told me the price was a "first time caller price", and I had to order immediately. I declined and called back the next day, this operator was confused, but found the transducer, only now it's on backorder, and would be at least 2 weeks, before shipping. I received the transducer two days later, only it was the wrong part. Returning it is my problem, even though it's their mistake. I can't find anyone to complain to, that freakin understands English... Oh, the "First time caller price" is a scam.. They must work commission..

Just venting

Joe
Old 04-27-2016, 09:19 PM

Good thing you have a hot girlfriend to comfort you; or did you lose her too
5th
Old 04-28-2016, 05:06 AM

Modern technology is great. Who ever would have thought you could call India and not occure any long distance charges. Man when I was a kid a call like that would have taken all my allowance. Sorry for your troubles but glad BOE got the right ducer fore you.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:53 AM

I HATE scumbags!! You work your a$$ of to get things in life, and some #%¥?\{] dirtbag thinks it's ok to steal them. Wonder what the odds are that the parts even works with ANY unit. You should send an email to Furuno USA and tell them and maybe they can try to have the site fixed if it's legit or shut down if it's not.
Hope it works out for you!

Old 04-28-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Good thing you have a hot girlfriend to comfort you; or did you lose her too
5th
Nah Marty, she is still around, she stays in the freezer, in the basement..
Old 04-28-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
Nah Marty, she is still around, she stays in the freezer, in the basement..

My kinda man! Just remember when it's time to give her some loving, thaw first or you may break something off of her.
And I sure hope you don't keep her in same freezer as the fresh fish. Nothing worse then going though the trouble of sloowly defrosting a couple filets in warm water, putting a pound of crab imperial between the filets, seasoning them just right then putting some mixed vegetables on top with even more butter then wrapping in foil and putting on hot grill for twenty minutes while sipping on your favorite adult beverage. Only to open the foil the steam from a great stuffed rockfish hits you in the face only to take the first bite and it tastes like her! Sorry couldn't resist!
Old 04-28-2016, 06:59 PM

Mako Mike, they last longer f you use a curling iron to warm up the essential parts.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:52 PM

One reason I try my best to deal with local companies.

Take Jim at Marty's - I broke a St. Criox rod , he offered to loan me one until I got repaired one back. I declined but it was an honest offer.

BOE - I bought new Simrad from them - few questions were answered well after normal business hours.

Yes , local shops are a few dollars more - they can not compete against on line companies - but IMHO , I come out far ahead.