Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-01-2011, 12:38 AM

Default Happy New Year to All !

I hope this year turns out to give us all a much better bite than last...It was not too bad, the time with friends was great, meeting many of you was a true pleasure...

Looking forward to seeing many more of you thi year....

Tight Lines in 2011 !
Old 01-01-2011, 12:31 PM

Happy New Year back to you.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:09 PM

Mike; I know it's winter and not many people are fishing, but stop trying to cause trouble on the board.

p.s. Happy new Year to you as well
p.p.s. Was down the ocean for New Years and watched the penguin plunge today. Two nice days, wish I had fished.
5th (Marty)
Old 01-01-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Mike; I know it's winter and not many people are fishing, but stop trying to cause trouble on the board.

p.s. Happy new Year to you as well
p.p.s. Was down the ocean for New Years and watched the penguin plunge today. Two nice days, wish I had fished.
5th (Marty)
Dang, if I would have known that I could have bought you a beer. We went down Thursday and came home this afternoon.

I scouted out a few "off the beaten path" ponds outside of Salisbury on the way home. Perhaps when they thaw I'll actually get to fish them.

Despite not having a great Striper year on the bay I had a great time tearing up WP, landing a few YP in the Bodkin and catching Ladyfish in Florida on just a frigging jighead. Fished for Goliath Grouper too. My back still hurts from that.

Went to Lake El Salto in Mexico and caught hundreds of Largemouth up to about 8 pounds. I HIGHLY recommend doing that trip if you're into bass fishing.

Crabbing in the Magothy was phenominal this year.

Nope....I can't complain about 2010 at all.

Happy New Year everybody.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
Dang, if I would have known that I could have bought you a beer. We went down Thursday and came home this afternoon.

I would have appreciated someone else buying me a beer. We spent wayyy toooo much time in Bull on the Beach New Years Eve. We have friends with a condo in the Pyramid and I always treat them to dinner for taking us down, so this time it was appatisers and drinks waiting for New Years.
Luckily, we just walk back to the condo.
Weather on the beach was great to WATCH the penguin swim.
I hear ya on some ponds thawing enough for fishing. Looks like spillways will be the only thing open for a while. Normally, after a few days of weather like we just had, I would break out the bubbler and take a few dozen shiners down the shore.
5th (Marty)
Old 01-02-2011, 12:25 PM

One of my wife's former clients has a condo on 72nd and another house just outside of OC on 611 in Mystic Harbor that we get to use for free a few times a year .

Took the kids to the Carousel so they could ice skate while we had a few drinks on NYE.