Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-30-2016, 07:38 AM

Default Wednesday night upper bay

Left the dock at 3:00 on my friends 22 walk around and found the wind a bit more than predicted. Headed towards the Eastern Shore in the slop when we got a call from the 5th that there were some fish in the Patapsco. Turned around and got out the jigging rods headed into the river. We jigged on some smaller fish with a few almost legals mixed in. Moved deeper but wind with current made it difficult to jig. Started trolling some storms and we picked up a 21" fish and then called it a night. Windy but nice evening with friends. Thanks for the call Marty.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)

Last edited by bhl; 06-30-2016 at 07:38 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-30-2016, 11:18 AM

Guess I should have came up and joined the crowd when I got the call from Marty also. Was already on the hook at podickory slinging snot when I got the call and we were catching the same size fish on chunks of paper shell crab. Was not a very enjoyable evening being tossed around and wind and current opposing each other but we managed?
Old 06-30-2016, 07:19 PM

I got out around 6....tried to anchor south of Baltimore light. Was too much of a pain in the ass to deal with. Headed about a mile north of the light in 18 to 20 foot of water, set chum up on a nice ledge and got a half a dozen 20 to 22 inch fish. Really crappie weather but at least had some success.

Heading out tomorrow if weather permits....trying to determine whether or not to stay north of the bridge. Anyone think it would be worth it to head to BP, Hack, or TP ?
Old 06-30-2016, 08:43 PM

Everything I have heard has been north of bridge and judging by all the southern charters in the fleet yesterday I would have to agree