Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2010, 03:49 PM

Default New home on South River

I signed up for a slip at Turkey Point Marina today and stopped by Marty's. I bought my son a t-shirt and myself some terminal tackle. Jim showed me a Carrot Stick with a Shimano spinning reel that was incredibly light. I have been using Calcutta's for years, but this was a pretty nice setup. Jim also showed me the new Baitrunner which is much lighter than the older version I have. Looking forward to being closer to home and not having to deal with Route 3 all the time.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:42 PM

Rich; glad you're closer to home. 5th (Marty)
Old 03-13-2010, 05:02 PM

You will like your new location. I launch out of South River marina just across the cove. Easy and quick access to the bay.....................Mark
Old 03-13-2010, 06:17 PM

Turkey Point is a beautiful Island and the marina looks pretty nice too. Good luck with everything.

-JB
Old 03-13-2010, 07:04 PM

You didn't waste any time Rich. Glad you found a new home. I use to use TPM back in the 70's for most of my work and winter haul out. Not sure if the same family owns the place; wouldn't make any difference cause I can't remember anyway. I just remember they were real nice to deal with.....Don
Old 03-13-2010, 09:19 PM

Rich,
Welcome to the South River. I never get tired of watching the sunrise coming outta the river in front of me with TPL in the forefront...just beautiful. I see the Lighthouse on the way out, and in...just perty.

It was nice meeting you and young Mr. Will.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jim
Old 03-13-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichitt View Post
You didn't waste any time Rich. Glad you found a new home. I use to use TPM back in the 70's for most of my work and winter haul out. Not sure if the same family owns the place; wouldn't make any difference cause I can't remember anyway. I just remember they were real nice to deal with.....Don

WHOOOA don't mean to be a thread jacker, but DON.. where the HE..LL did you come up with that fishin' beast in your Profile Picture!? SWEET FISHIN' BOAT MAN!!! Let me know if you need somone to set the gear why you're busy being a Capt'n!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old No.7 View Post
WHOOOA don't mean to be a thread jacker, but DON.. where the HE..LL did you come up with that fishin' beast in your Profile Picture!? SWEET FISHIN' BOAT MAN!!! Let me know if you need somone to set the gear why you're busy being a Capt'n!!!

Phil....

I think we both know where this is going.

I would think Don and Capt. Mrs. Drichitt would like to pull in a few 40"er's on their new ride.

I bet you are about June, July-down on the HO list.

Jim
Old 03-14-2010, 05:50 AM

Use to launch out of Londontown back in the day, great central locale.. Just gotta get in and out before the Yahoos take over the river.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlag View Post
You will like your new location. I launch out of South River marina just across the cove. Easy and quick access to the bay.....................Mark
Mark I found your bmail from a few months ago to see where you were keeping your boat. I remebered how much you like your marina, was hoping to be somewhere with other tfers/cbanglers. Turkey Point gave me a slip right on the bulkhead for great price which was a big consideration. I really like Mike at Breezy, but I will not miss the drive and mud.