Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2013, 03:57 PM

Default Eastern Marine Boating & Fishing Superstore

I needed a spare tire for my new trailer and I've always wanted to go to Eastern Marine, but never had a reason I needed a spare, a spare tire carrier, and lock. So today, I picked up a buddy of mine and told him we were going to get a spare trailer tire. When I hit I95 North, he said, "Where are you going?". I guess he thought I would hit Dave's in Glen Burnie I said "Newark, De.". He just shook his head.
Whenever you go with me, you never know where you are going to end up. Bring lunch and beer money
I think they promote themselves as the largest trailer store on the east coast. If they don't, I don't know of one bigger.
Not only do they sell trailer parts, but all kinds of fishing, crabbing, camping, and RV supplies. It was neat to walk through the store, checking out all the supplies. I was tempted to buy a spot trap, but I think you need a TFL to use one, and besides, the spot haven't been very thick around my boat slip in two years. So, it remained on the shelf.
After checking out the store, I told my buddy we were going to lunch. When I hit I95 North again, he said "Now where are you going?". I told him to just relax, I had a place in mind. We went north just before the Del. Mem. Bridge to what used to be Mike's Harley Davidson. It has changed hands and it's now Rommel's HD. It still has a nice biker cafe inside and you can get sandwiches, soups or chilli
After checking out all the bikes, we left and came home down the eastern shore (rt 13 to rt 301 to rt 50). Something happened at the bridge, because there were Coast Guard boats with lights flashing running all around the bridge. The east side was stopped to traffic. Either a jumper, or a worker may have fallen
So; if I ever call you and ask if you want to go with me to pick something up, expect to be all day, and bring beer money
5th (Marty)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HD1.jpg (20.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg HD2.jpg (21.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-13-2013, 04:00 PM

Fishing on Monday, bikes on Wed.; boy it's good to be retired
5th (Marty)
Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 AM

I used to love taking day trips like that. I'd plan to see customers on the eastern shore all of Friday morning, then pond hop and explore the rest of the day.

It was a jumper you saw.

There have been way more than you know already this year.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:22 PM

Office - Monday and Friday,
Refineries - Wed and Thursday,
Now that's living the dream!!!
Did manage to sneak into a tackle shop or 2 along the way tho

Retired AND 2 boats in the water already?? You are lucky!!!!

Old 03-15-2013, 04:20 AM

Sounds like something I would do, drive 80 miles to Harrington DE for breakfast with the guys.

Everyday is Saturday when you retire