Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-23-2013, 12:43 PM

Default Married a good one

I have a couple charters schedualed for this coming weekend and the following week as well. This weekend was going to be an "us" weekend for the wife and I.

We thought of going to OC, but with them calling for rain on Friday, we decided to bag that. The rain spouts were clogged with leaves, so Sat. Morning I claimed up and cleaned them. Not too much later, Jeff (Justified) called and said he was on my side of the bay at Mikes Crabhouse. He invited me over for a drink, the wife said "go ahead, I'll go food shopping". Jeff and his truly "better half" had a couple drinks and shot the breeze.

Sunday morning, I woke up expecting to shower and dress for church. The wife says, "there's a waterman's docking contest in Solomon's, lets go" we packed a few things and off we went.
What a great competition. Really worth seeing. They even had a 10 year old competing against the adults. He came in third!
Had an Italian sausage at the event and headed home. Half way home, she says, "lets stop at Happy Harbor for dinner". We sat on the deck, watched a little of the later football games, and watched all the Redskins fans drowning their sorrows. It was better than being on the boardwalk and people watching. By the time we got there, they were pretty "lit".
I texted Tawn to see if he was in the bar, but he was home. My wife asked to just keep it the two of us and a romantic dinner (and I know what that can lead to), so I didn't invite anyone for a drink
I sure love her,
5th
Old 09-23-2013, 07:30 PM

"Better half?? I'm at least twice her size! My romantic day with the wife included drinks with you and dinner later that night at the Harbor Shack in Rock Hall with the winner of River Rock tourney. Yup, same guy that I lost the tournament & side bet to bought the wife and I dinner Sat night. I thought I was doing pretty good only having A third wheel at each meal...

I would have hated being one of the captains that lost to a 10 year old. I bet they will NEVER hear the end of it ( good news is ...i guess it can only come from the top 3 Captains )

Old 09-23-2013, 07:53 PM

LOL...THAT explains your cryptic text!

I wish you had said the docking competition was lame.

My wife and I were all set to go down and watch it but then at the last minute I decided, screw it; I'll stay home on the couch and watch the Redskins game.......talk about lame!

The dock bar at the Harbor can get pretty "nautical" on the weekends...good people though!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:23 PM

Marty,

I was at Mike's North Friday night (for the first time)....

All I can say is "holy crap" I can't wait to go back....

I think that is where all of our offseason "fishing" meetings should be, now that Howards has closed....

Mike
Old 09-24-2013, 03:07 PM

No doubt it takes a special breed of woman to stay married to a hard core fisherman.

If you look at it from their side - they really put up with a lot of sh*t from us.

Bait stored in refrigerator , 3:30am alarm clock going off , stinky clothes in laundry hamper , fuel bills that could buy a new car , tackle bills that could buy new truck , 5 minute fishing phone calls that last 30 minutes , reels laying apart on kitchen table , rods stored in clothes closets.

Your " good pants " are ones with blood stains only on one leg , disappearing bath towels ( boat rags ) , last minute fishing trips that screw up schedules , trash cans that stink long after garbage is picked up.

That is just off top of my head.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:45 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
No doubt it takes a special breed of woman to stay married to a hard core fisherman.

If you look at it from their side - they really put up with a lot of sh*t from us.

Bait stored in refrigerator , 3:30am alarm clock going off , stinky clothes in laundry hamper , fuel bills that could buy a new car , tackle bills that could buy new truck , 5 minute fishing phone calls that last 30 minutes , reels laying apart on kitchen table , rods stored in clothes closets.

Your " good pants " are ones with blood stains only on one leg , disappearing bath towels ( boat rags ) , last minute fishing trips that screw up schedules , trash cans that stink long after garbage is picked up.

That is just off top of my head.
The trick is start them young and then they think its normal.