Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2016, 09:26 AM

Default CB Angler challenge 2016

I have finally been able to find the person in charge who gives the permission to hold a striped bass tournament. I have sent a email to them today to hold such a tournament on Novermber 26,2016. This would be the Saturday following thanksgiving as agreed upon during our last meeting. I will notify Jim at BOE marine with our intent so that he is aware should DNR contact him regarding the tournament. I will need some help putting this FIRST striped bass tournament together so I am requesting anyone who would like to be a committee member to please contact me. I will keep everyone posted as to the success of the permit. Once we have it in our possession we can go forward with the plans. Keep our fingers crossed but I don't foresee any problems.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:39 AM

Good to hear.

Should have asked me. It is under the charter section for some reason. Here is the page: http://dnr2.maryland.gov/fisheries/P...urnaments.aspx
Old 01-19-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
Good to hear.

Should have asked me. It is under the charter section for some reason. Here is the page: http://dnr2.maryland.gov/fisheries/P...urnaments.aspx
Tried calling number for weeks with no answer or voicemail. Finally found e mail.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:18 PM

I can help - not a big deal since it will be friendly contest.

Only advice - put everything ( rule wise ) in writing to avoid any confusion / bad feelings.

IMHO - all money is due up front. Seen too many " I'll be there " - not show up.

Cut off time at weigh site is the biggest thing to make clear. Often one window hour is allowed.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:50 PM

Thanks skip! I have chaired quite a few tournaments both inshore and offshore and you are 100% correct on having rules in writing and that each captain have a copy in their possession. As for being a friendly tournament, not so sure when Marty and Jason compete against each other things can get ugly! I'll let you know once DNR letter is in hand and organizing starts
Old 01-19-2016, 12:51 PM

I have notified Jim at BOE marine and got his blessing and he is willing to help anyway he can!
Old 01-19-2016, 01:24 PM

The only problem I see is all of my crew will want to use their own boats Last Nov. I had Bruce (because he put his boat away early for a scheduled operation), Lolo (because his 27 was for sale/now he has a 36 build in progress), and Jay (because you thought he was a bad luck charm)

I may have to go to a Home Depot parking lot to get a crew this year

Mike, you know I'll help out.
5th

p.s. The photo is just for Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1988.jpg (95.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 01-19-2016, 02:56 PM

Nice picture. Did you check the copy rite on it before posting it!
Old 01-19-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
The only problem I see is all of my crew will want to use their own boats Last Nov. I had Bruce (because he put his boat away early for a scheduled operation), Lolo (because his 27 was for sale/now he has a 36 build in progress), and Jay (because you thought he was a bad luck charm)

I may have to go to a Home Depot parking lot to get a crew this year

Mike, you know I'll help out.
5th

p.s. The photo is just for Mike
I will have to have Tawn and Doc. as crew.
After a few Natural Lights the conversations will keep me entertained and every fish will be a 50 X 50.
I'll help out any way I can, as I will be among the ranks of the retired folk.
One question. Will all of the crew members have to be CBA members or just the captain?

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)

Last edited by bhl; 01-19-2016 at 03:21 PM. Reason: forgot question
Old 01-19-2016, 06:38 PM

Mike,

I am in for whatever you need as well. We have a great group and I am sure this is something we can keep going for years...Just need to make sure its the "un-tournament" tournament...Just like CBangler is to TF....

Have to make sure this is all about fun, friends, etc...While the awards will be nice, unless Marty always gets them, it is hanging out and sharing stories that makes it great.

And Marty, if any of us are smart this year, we will end up on your boat....

Mike