Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com


Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-28-2017, 01:51 PM
Spot77's Avatar
Spot77 Spot77 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kent Island - Near Romancoke Pier
Posts: 1,662
Default Fun (And Useless) CBA Fact of 2017

In the past 6 months the fishing report with the most views was Mako Mike's report here:

http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3460

The post had more than 2100 views and 0 responses. Many of the "views" are just search bots; most were actual people not logged on to CBA and the rest were CBA members.

The CBA Challenge threads (there were multiple) racked up more than 10k views combined.

With Facebook becoming the dominant social media platform we see less and less activity on online message boards. I often read the Facebook groups but rarely participate due to not knowing ANY of the people in the groups and the general hostility and lack of respect shown in many of the Facebook posts.

I appreciate the people here who share GOOD information and the general respect that 99% of us here have shown to each other consistently over the years.

It might not be an incredibly active forum right now, but at least I know I can trust the intel shared.

Happy 2018 and I wish y'all many many days of tight lines.
__________________
CBA - Invite your friends!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-28-2017, 05:25 PM
5th Tuition 5th Tuition is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Linthicum,Md
Posts: 2,853
Default

Scott;
Thanks for monitoring/administering the board. I concur with your thoughts. Because we are a relatively small group, I feel free to give as much info as possible. If I find fish, I am more free with giving the location. If I receive info about a location, I try not to to be exact in order to preserve my relationship with the info giver.
Often, you can read between the lines of my post to get an approximate location

I know I often write a LOT of detail into my posts, but with the small number of posts, I figure anyone who doesn't want to read a long ordeal, doesn't need to click on my posts

It was a great year The Spring Trophy season was challenging, but I got my fish. I needed to run from Deale to the Gas Docks in order to catch trophies, but at least we always put fish in the box
After trophy Season, it was wide open closer to "home" in my Bodkin slip.

Thanks to everyone who posts and "keeps this forum alive".
Happy New Year to everyone
5th
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-29-2017, 08:07 AM
Spot77's Avatar
Spot77 Spot77 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kent Island - Near Romancoke Pier
Posts: 1,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Scott;
Thanks for monitoring/administering the board. I concur with your thoughts. Because we are a relatively small group, I feel free to give as much info as possible. If I find fish, I am more free with giving the location. If I receive info about a location, I try not to to be exact in order to preserve my relationship with the info giver.
Often, you can read between the lines of my post to get an approximate location

I know I often write a LOT of detail into my posts, but with the small number of posts, I figure anyone who doesn't want to read a long ordeal, doesn't need to click on my posts

It was a great year The Spring Trophy season was challenging, but I got my fish. I needed to run from Deale to the Gas Docks in order to catch trophies, but at least we always put fish in the box
After trophy Season, it was wide open closer to "home" in my Bodkin slip.

Thanks to everyone who posts and "keeps this forum alive".
Happy New Year to everyone
5th
This forum has basically been on autopilot and self-policing for a long time. The antagonists are long gone after finding that nobody really cared about engaging them.

I may not give GPS coordinates, but I'll always give pretty good locations. I mean who among us (and beyond if they've been fishing in MD for any length of time) doesn't know where 7' Knoll, Belvedere, the sewer pipe, etc is located? I'll usually give the best description that comes to mind; "1/2 mile north of the bridge, western shore" and that'll have to be good enough. By the time most will have read the report the fish will have likely moved some anyway.

But I know Mike and I have benefited greatly over the years from the phone calls, texts and radio calls from people in this group.

Now if we could just round up another 8 to 10 fun people to share info with.....

And a quick shout out to Jim at BOE for continuing to host the forum.

https://www.boemarine.com/
__________________
CBA - Invite your friends!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-07-2018, 08:29 PM
240 LTS's Avatar
240 LTS 240 LTS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Upper Chesapeake Bay, Harford County
Posts: 159
Default

I realize this is an older thread but I do appreciate you keeping this forum alive.
I only know you guys from the internet but I get a pretty good picture who the good guys are and who are the pot stirrers. Most of you guys are south of me as I am here in Harford County and fish the Upper, upper bay.

I did my best to keep a bay boat forum alive and it wasn't easy. http://bayboatforum.proboards.com/
It's still there but activity is very slow.
Me, Brian (he started the board) and Mike thought there was enough interest in "Bay Boats" (bass boats on steroids) to be an active place to share info but that wasn't the case with sites like The Hull Truth that covers everything in boating and has 10's of thousands of members.

Anyway, it's nice to have a local forum still active.

I see that The Technical Fisherman has closed up shop.
I think some of you visited/participated there also.

Again, thank you and Happy New Year!!

Jeff
240 LTS

.
__________________
Jeff

www.veradoclub.com
www.bayboatforum.proboards.com
Triton 240 LTS, 250 Verado
Upper, Upper Bay
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-08-2018, 09:38 AM
Chessie27 Chessie27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chestertown,MD
Posts: 1,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240 LTS View Post

I see that The Technical Fisherman has closed up shop.
I think some of you visited/participated there also.

.
That is interesting info as Iím preety sure my wife recently said my membership fee ($25?) was declined because my card on file had expired. I told her I didnít care because I hadnít been on there in probably 2 years.

#myheartbelongstoCBAngler
__________________
- Jeff
36' Judge "JUSTIFIED"

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-09-2018, 10:58 AM
Spot77's Avatar
Spot77 Spot77 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kent Island - Near Romancoke Pier
Posts: 1,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240 LTS View Post
I realize this is an older thread but I do appreciate you keeping this forum alive.
I only know you guys from the internet but I get a pretty good picture who the good guys are and who are the pot stirrers. Most of you guys are south of me as I am here in Harford County and fish the Upper, upper bay.

I did my best to keep a bay boat forum alive and it wasn't easy. http://bayboatforum.proboards.com/
It's still there but activity is very slow.
Me, Brian (he started the board) and Mike thought there was enough interest in "Bay Boats" (bass boats on steroids) to be an active place to share info but that wasn't the case with sites like The Hull Truth that covers everything in boating and has 10's of thousands of members.


.


I used to fish out of Dundee Creek, Joppatowne, etc when I did a lot of bass fishing. One of these days I'll have a low sided bay boat; it'll fit my needs now way more than my old Cajun bass boat.
__________________
CBA - Invite your friends!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger


New Forum Posts
CBA Event Calendar
Advertise on CBA
Log Out

Local Charter Boats





Upcoming Tournaments