Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Baldzilla

Default Wild Hair Idea...CBAngler Fishing Club

so I'm anti social and have yet to join any fishing clubs like the UBBB or the SKRRRRRRCTBKC or whatever it is....but this site seems to have a lot of good dudes, and what would anyone think about possibly starting a CBAngler Fishing Club (until we can come up with a better name like the Joe Dirt is a loser Club)...but we could meet once a month, or every other month at a bar (either the same bar, or a bar moved around to different areas) talk fishing with reliable folks, share ideas, etc...

I know the response Ill get from a few ::cough JoeDirt cough:: but I dunno, I'm feeling social, maybe it's the peachy GA Weather as I sit here drinking my beer!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:29 PM

I already have a few guys from this board in my club (Bodkin Point Fishing Group) which is why Mark (Mlag) hardly ever sees me in my boat (we rotate boats among buddies). We only meet about every two months at Beefalo Bob's on Ft Smallwood Road. Anyone from this board is invited to join us. I will post the next time we meet. It is very informal, we just BS about what we are catching and how. Show a few fish pictures, and drink a few beers. Rarely we have someone give a short presentation on a fishing topic. 5th (Marty)
Old 12-02-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
I already have a few guys from this board in my club (Bodkin Point Fishing Group) which is why Mark (Mlag) hardly ever sees me in my boat (we rotate boats among buddies). We only meet about every two months at Beefalo Bob's on Ft Smallwood Road. Anyone from this board is invited to join us. I will post the next time we meet. It is very informal, we just BS about what we are catching and how. Show a few fish pictures, and drink a few beers. Rarely we have someone give a short presentation on a fishing topic. 5th (Marty)
There you go Mark. I am interested Marty and maybe Mark will come as well, now that he has this newly discovered desire to be social...Don
Old 12-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Baldzilla

Don, I've been invited to the club meetings before but was turned away...they thought I was Marty's great grandson! Truthfully I have been planning on going but the last two have been when I was out of town...
Old 12-02-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldzilla View Post
Don, I've been invited to the club meetings before but was turned away...they thought I was Marty's great grandson! Truthfully I have been planning on going but the last two have been when I was out of town...
See, and now that you are out of town, you wish you had gone
Old 12-02-2009, 10:09 PM

Sounds racist to me. I live on the LES. You will have to share the wealth with those of us that are less fortunate.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:26 PM

Ya know, that might not be a half bad idea at all....Would be good to put names to faces, share war stories, and maybe develop something that would help us all be better at what we love to do...(Fishing at least)....

The informal nature might be a lot let oppressive than the formal nature of some of those other meetings....
Old 12-03-2009, 06:28 AM

Man, you give a guy a beer and he starts getting lovey-dovey about wanting to make friends! Face it Baldzilla, you're not antisocial--people just don't like you.

Can I be in your club?
Old 12-03-2009, 07:34 AM

There used to be a group of us that would do the same thing, alternate boats, so you could go fishing and relax once in awhile. Some of the guys got married others stopped fishing for one reason or another so we are down to one boat, mine. I would be interested in showing up at the meeting and meeting some others on the board. Sounds like a good time.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:56 AM

Ya need a better name for the club.......but I'll join up anyway.......just to stir up some trouble.
Sandpiper Charters www.goinsfishin.com