Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2017, 06:23 PM

Default Another Not Fishing Report

Picked the boat up over at Mattapeake today and ran back to the Magothy after having a bunch of PM engine work done. Could not resist dropping off plane a few times to take a look at the screen. Saw balled up bait and fish each time.

Wish I could get out between now and opening day but between work travel and kids sports I'm out!

Water temp mid bay was 50 degrees.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:17 PM

Dave;
Glad you got your boat back. Several of us have been out and had limited success prior to Sunday.

Previously, bait was deep and jellies were bad. As of Sunday, bait was higher, catching was better, and jellies were subdued.

A group of fish has moved into an area we fish. How long they stay before moving up into a spawning ground is anybodies guess.

Sorry to be so cryptic, but I don't want to give away information that was passed along to me by fellow anglers.

Next weeks long rang forecast look promising to get out
5th
Old 04-06-2017, 06:08 AM

Got back out yesterday (Wed) and had limited success again. At least we are catching a few fish. The fish; and unfortunately most of the bait, have moved. There was some bait, but it didn't hold fish. Most of my hookups came with nothing showing on the meter.
Jellies are still here
Ran 6 board lines, and the heaviest lure on the tandem would hold the most jellies. When I start running deep boat lines, they might be fouled quickly

The breeze was expected to lay down about noon, but waited another two hours to get calm.

There were two other CBA's out in their boats that had similar success today (not as good as Sunday, but catching).

It's not long now guys. If you haven't had your boat out for a shakedown cruise, do it sooner than later. The season start is just around the corner
5th
Old 04-06-2017, 08:13 AM

All fish have appeared pre-spawn. Seems like it is waves coming in and spawning. As soon as we get fish coming and going the bite will get better