Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2016, 09:50 PM

Default Cut Channel 12/26

Had no idea where the cut channel was before today. Only thing I knew was it was a long way from St. Jerome's Creek, and it is. 35 miles one way to be exact! I wasn't planning to go that far but, after talking to a charter boat friend that fished there on Christmas day, it seemed like it would be worth the run.

I was happy to find out that Greg (B-Faithful) was already down at the cut channel, but was concerned when he told me fishing was a little slow. Then he calls and says a handful of charter boats had rolled out and were heading north towards the direction I was coming from. Somebody must have gotten a call about a good bite up the bay! By the time we saw the handful of boats heading north, it had turned into about 20-25 boats. Now what? Do we play follow the leader and hope these 25 boats are heading to the promised land, or do we stick with our original plan and keep running south?

We stuck with original plan and today it payed off. I heard from a couple of boats that followed the group up north that it never really panned out up there. Apparently a couple of 40" fish were caught in the mouth of the Potomac, but the bite was short lived.

We found small groups of birds all morning long and most had quality fish underneath. We found Greg and and his crew and they were catching right along, also. Good day today with several nice overs, largest right at 35". Have a picture, but my fishing partner today wants to remain anonymous. Caught a handful like this one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1226fishing1 (Copy) (2).jpg (90.5 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Breakaway; 12-26-2016 at 09:58 PM.