Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-22-2014, 07:53 PM

Default Sunday report Swan Point to the LP Buoy..

Phil Krausz and I went out on his boat this morning, leaving Back River a little after 6am. We haven't been out for rock in a couple of weeks.

Made our way to R10 near Swan Point and set out an 8 rod spread of tandems, spreader bars and one umbrella in white or green.

Noticed a huge fleet of boats anchored up a little N of Love Point chumming.

We wandered south looking for fish, picking up a few throwbacks along the way. Phil finally decided to head us towards the LP Buoy. We tried the ledges near KI and then started going E/W above and below the buoy...FINALLY around 1030 the meter lit up and the first keeper hit...24" hit a Capt John's spreader with a 17 Tony in chrome/green flash...a couple of minutes later we took a big hit but no hook up. Made another pass and a rod with 6oz and a tandem pair on bucktails I had custom made at Slevad landed a fat and feisty 29" that Phil wrestled into the boat, but not before it made a run across the stern and hung up 3 other rods AND the downrigger...

Took us 30 minutes to clear the CF and another 30 to find the fish again...this time the WWB rod starts singing big time...I pulled it out and thought we'd hooked a skate...luckily I was wrong...a fat 30".

After that, we called it a day and got home in time to watch the O's pound the Yankees.

Also heard reliable reports of 2 sharks between Podickory and SP...one dorsal was 12" out of the water
Attached Images
File Type: jpg striper1.jpg (64.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg striper2.jpg (72.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 06-22-2014, 09:10 PM

I came around LP around 11am this morning on way to watch Thunder on the Narrows. I guess I must have gone right past you. I did notice that there was plenty of bait and fish marks in the area... Would have liked to stop and fish, but wanted to get to Kent Narrows and get a good spot for the races. We also noticed the HUGE fleet of boats a ways north of LP and wondered what was going on up there. Nice job getting them trolling.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:10 AM

Good job fellas........................................Mark