Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-20-2010, 05:12 PM

Default Report TPL area 4/20

We fished the TPL area today and had a steady pick. We ended up with 10 fish to ~37". We found the bait in very shallow water and worked it hard for much of the trip. Hot lure of the day ended up being an umbrella off the boat out 6 bars with 12oz of weight. However the solo chutes were active too. We had one fish hit two different baits and have both 9in solo chutes in its mouth at once from different rods. We did have weeds on our lures which we attributed for a longer lull we had.

BTW, the hook that I put through my finger caught today too.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 04-21-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:00 PM

Greg was hot when I was not! Thanks for the help. Looks like I need to get me a set of boards for my next trip. We had one knockdown but could not get the fish into the boat. Marked tons of bait though!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
Greg was hot when I was not! Thanks for the help. Looks like I need to get me a set of boards for my next trip. We had one knockdown but could not get the fish into the boat. Marked tons of bait though!
Just take mine Tim....they won't get any use...remember, the offer is on the table!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:07 PM

Rubbing donut glaze on a lure is good but blood from the boat captain must be even better

Nice deal you got into them - congrats.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:42 AM

Nice job Greg. I had no problem recognizing you and Tim out there yesterday. Our deep stuff kept us in the game. Mostly the deep umbrellas and one of my board rods with a 6/10oz tandem. I run one heavy tandem on each side, while the others are all high up and short. That 16oz combo caught 3 yesterday; surprised me. Real kicker was not a single Mylar got hit on a sunny day. Hope to see you out there again soon.....Don
Old 04-21-2010, 10:48 AM

your new boat looked great on the water. I felt like I was surrounded by Maycrafts with you, Tim and another one that was out there.

Our hottest lure was an umbrella too. It was out about 65' or so with 12oz and had mixed green and white shads.

Skip. I will have to try the donut thing. I am not sure shoving a hook into the hand is worth a fish
Old 04-21-2010, 10:49 AM

Evidently a blood sacrifice is needed to catch Fish. Great report Greg thanks for sharing the info. I am sure we have many more great days to come…

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot