Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2013, 08:46 PM

Default Barnicals

My boat has been in the slip since March I didn't have it covered this winter because I knew I was having some things done to it before spring. I added a couple rod holders, had the ECM on the motor replaced and also the O2 sensor.
Around my house, the Maple trees drop those red blossoms that stain the deck. Then the "helicopters" fall by the millions soon after. To avoid this barrage, I put the boat in the slip before these events I knew the water was cold and the bottom wouldn't foul during the early weeks. The last several weeks have been a different story. I met Skip to use my sidescan/downscan to locate some anchors, and I knew my returns weren't what I expected. I suspected the transducers were fouled
I pulled the boat this week and sure enough, they were fouled. After I power washed the green "gunk" off, I was afforded a good look at the barnicals
Some scrapping with a putty knife and screwdriver (in the hard to reach areas) got them looking almost as good as new.
I will try to post a before and after photo. Sure wish I had a lift slip like somebody with red curtains That would be sweet
5th (Marty)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg barnical.jpg (55.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg clean.jpg (49.4 KB, 20 views)