Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 08-10-2014, 04:23 PM

Default Love Point to South of BB

Skunked, lost a tail to a blue, one knock down on a spoon, one rock while pulling in lines, could have been 18, but too skinny to mess with. Other than no fish, beautiful day on the water with my honey. A little off topic, maybe close to a rant... The last couple of weeks have watched a certain boat cut people off, me included... I am not sure if it is because he is clueless, or is just the center of his universe. I try to give everybody a wide berth, but it's almost like he tries to squeeze in an area, so you don't get there first. For a while, I thought it could be my imagination, but my girl, who is most definitely the better half, pointed out that boat and told me he keeps cutting her off. I could be wrong, but there is plenty of water out there. I have learned that it's more productive to avoid the pack. It might just be me, but it's not all about the fish...

Last edited by Joe Walsh; 08-10-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:14 PM

No boat name needed. Is it a charter boat or a private boat?

I've been hitting that area, but not during "prime time". There haven't been many boats surrounding us. Everyone has been playing "nice". The fish, in my opinion, have been scattered; so if I'm trolling 25-35 ft water and get pushed out to 45 ft, I have been catching in both depths.
I've fished in tandem with you, each on our own boats, and know you don't crowd anyone. Sorry you got continually "cut off" by another boat out there.

I have noticed more boats than normal pulling planers. That's unusual for this time of the year. We are running planers and keeping our lines short, deep, and maneuverable.

Hope to get out later this week. The wife starts back to work on Wednesday, which means I'll be back fishing on most days winds are 12 and below
5th
Old 08-10-2014, 08:10 PM

Marty, it's a rec.. Not sure if it's on purpose, I think he spends more time watching his lines, than what he is about to run in to.. The only other ***** that I have is the guys running dark planners, tough to see when they are coming straight at you... Is it really that much trouble to paint them orange, or put flags on them???

Joe
Celtic Charm