Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-29-2010, 01:04 AM

I am SO SORRY I didn't click this thread until now..

I just thought Greg's Blowing Wind about Judge again..... I'll pass.... And then out of extreme boredom, I pull the trigger and WOW...

I LOVE a pissing match and its not even January yet...

Carry on....I'm watching......
Old 12-29-2010, 01:06 AM

Is it really 1:00 in the morning ??? awe F.... Night night....
Old 12-29-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigStix View Post
I'm sure you're quite proud!
I'll go out on a limb and say he probably is. If you've ever been on one of the boats that Bill has built all you have to do is look at the attention given to every detail and you'll know immediately how proud he is of his boats....but I'm pretty sure that's not what you were refering to.

Last edited by Breakaway; 12-29-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:26 PM

this ***-for-tat has less to do with Judge and more with the fact that I have openly been support of the MSSA initiative to reduce the commercial rockfish allocation in the Cheaspeake Bay.. Unfortunately There has been a poor attempt to try to coorelate the trailering of a 27 Chesapeake with commercial poaching on the bay.

For Further clarrification on the side issue here, The Judge 27 Chesapeake is 100% legally trailerable on Maryland highways with the exception of a few roads where the max width is stated to be 96", such as the harbor tunnel. Please see page 86 under the SHA Motor carrier handbook here: http://www.sha.maryland.gov/OOTS/mot...erhandbook.pdf
(Even awnings on travel trailers are exclusive of the 102" as long as they do not extend more than 6" for a total of 9'.) If any Judge 27 owners would like a copy of the confirming email I received from the State Hwy Admin, please send me an email at bfaithfulfishing@yahoo.com I have printed out a copy of page 85 of the handbook and a copy of the email and will carry them in the truck should an issue ever arise.

To try to state that the mentality of someone towing a legal load on maryland highways is the same as someone who knowingly steals tens of thousands of dollars in fish from our natural resources is plain silly.

Bill does have a lot to be proud of. He builds a fantastic boat and has been fortunate enough to sell a few boats in this trying economy.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-29-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
this ***-for-tat has less to do with Judge and more with the fact that I have openly been support of the MSSA initiative to reduce the commercial rockfish allocation in the Cheaspeake Bay.. Unfortunately There has been a poor attempt to try to coorelate the trailering of a 27 Chesapeake with commercial poaching on the bay.
Ya' know, I was wondering about that. Seems that somebody has a beef and will throw it around wherever they can. God bless the muscles that the internet helps provide people.

And I love that the forum censors the wor "t i t" ......
Old 12-29-2010, 08:32 PM

Default Internet Muscles

From my perspective, the Judge Yachts and MSSA connection is quite clear on this forum. I would also state that they throw around more "internet muscle" than anyone else on CBAngler.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:27 PM

Internet marketing has proven to be fairly effective on message boards that Judge sponsors. The brand has become known to many more anglers through the method. One can choose to read threads on their brand or not. Even on TF, I average less than 2 posts per day and many of those posts do not include information about the brand so there is pleanty of information to read should someone be interested.

Regarding the MSSA, I am not an officer in the organization or even a board member. However I am a some-what active member that supports many (but not all) of the positions the organizations takes. I am proud that the organization under the new leadership is being proactive regarding important fisheries issues. Many times I believe fishing organizations get complacent with status quo and are affraid to take difficult but necessary actions to protect their interests. The new board and president are showing that the MSSA wants to be an effective organization. The MSSA is the largest recreational fishing organization in our state and represents thousands of anglers and business that support recreational fishing. I am but one of the many members. With or without my support, the organization would be moving on with their initiative.

I am not sure there are any "internet muscles" being flexed in this thread but rather perspective on issues exchanged. It is one of the great uses of an internet forum. I do not mind be challenged on the trailerability of the 27 Chesapeake. It actually caused me to confirm my beliefs with the state that the boat can be trailered without a permit on state roads. I do take offense at being compared to the large scale poachers that have been operating in the bay. However I am not a ninny and will take on the debate and will justify my beliefs the best I can.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-29-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:

When you are the "face" for a company, especially in sales, what you say and do in public is always associated with the company you represent whether you like it or not. I don't think it's just the stance on the commercial rockfish allocation, it's your constant, repetitious stances on the same old things. The same topics that arise over and over again, in the exact same post on this board as on Tidalfish. So the redundency grinds on people who read both boards exponentionally. I'm sure you are a great guy, and I'm sure you do a good job for Mr. Judge or he would not keep you around, but at some point, the law of diminshing returns will take place, or already has, and your soapbox speeches, constant campaigning for an MSSA leadership position, or me first mentality is going to drive people away from judge rather than draw them to it. At this point, you will do more harm than good for the small, local boatbuilder, no matter how great a boat he makes.

Regarding reading the threads or not, many would probably not choose to read them, but in not reading them, as Blakesdad put it, you might miss one helluva fun ride before the massive train wreck. And who wants to be left off the invite to that party?

Last edited by JigStix; 12-29-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:41 PM

I appreciate your input Jigstix and will give it consideration. I am a very opinionated person and am passionate about recreational fishing access and opportunity. I also believe tournaments are good for sport fishing (I know that topic is one I also involve my thoughts with as well) Dave Smith and others at the MSSA do hear from me frequently. However I am not seeking any leadership position within the MSSA. I actually have repectfully declined seeking a position this past year due to personal reasons and time commitments.

In regards to Judge, I do not believe I am not the face of Judge Yachts. I believe Bill's Boats are the face of the company. I do help market and get the word out about his boats but when the time comes for a person to layout tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars, most people will consider his boats regardless of how they feel about some of my positions. One would think and hope that they would seek Bill Judge directly if they didnt want to converse with me. I do agree that my desire for others to understand my positions may go overboard at times and I need to do a better job at keeping my passion for my beliefs with my desire for helping Bill in check. While I personally make my living in another industry, I certainly do not want to hurt Bill's efforts.

Do keep in mind that sometimes the bashing of me is good though. For example, many of the boats Bill competes against have a 9'+ beam (ie. parker 25 or C-hawk 25 has a 9'6" beam). Hopefully those that lurk have seen that the 27 Chesapeake is legally trailerable in the state of MD and may more strongly consider the boat over one of the competitors due to permit requirements for towing.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-30-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Hopefully those that lurk have seen that the 27 Chesapeake is legally trailerable in the state of MD and may more strongly consider the boat over one of the competitors due to permit requirements for towing.

I guess I missed it.
Did someone post a message from the Maryland DOT about the Maximum of 8'6" width on trailers has been extended to more then that or is it just "Don't ASK, Don't TELL?

Please don't just put the law wording up here, I'm well familiar with what the law wording is.

BTW. The Harbor Tunnel is not the only 8' maximum road. All two lane roads are a maximum of 8' width in Maryland.