Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2016, 03:51 PM

Default Hackett's Friday Evening 6/17

Friday morning heading to work accross bridge, every charter boat on the bay must have been fishing between Sandy Point Light and Baltimore Light. Stopped at Angler's on the way home and they suggested fishing same area instead of Hackett's. Took my 8 year old, a friend of his and friends father out. Left Mattapeake around 5:50. Tide should turn outgoing quicker at Hackett's then Podickery so decided to go there instead (been there once a week for 4 weeks now and have caught each time, hard to leave what you believe in). Tide had just changed to outgoing which was good. Maybe 6 or 8 boats total fishing there. Didn't really mark any fish but set up in 32' where we have been having luck. About 15 minutes in a rod starts vibrating strangely, pick it up and hand it to 8 yo friend who reels in a 12" menhaden that had gotten its mouth caught up in the braid. Cut him up for bait and got a 23 and a 28. The another 12" menhaden gets mouth caught up in the braid again (this is a first for me). Cut him up for bait and we get a 32 and a 35, a couple huge run-offs that pull loose, and a few unders. What a difference fresh bait makes. Never saw a school on the depth finder and it was a slow bite with the occasional fish coming thru the spread but the size was great. Good time had by all and back to Matapeake around 9:15pm.

Drove over bridge Saturday afternoon for the Chris Stapleton concert and the whole Podickery area looked like an absolute zoo. Coming to work this morning (Monday) and I have never seen so many boats congregated in such a small area on a weekday morning. Must be one heck of a school of fish over there.

Hope my season continues to go well.

Wyelife
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160617_203237_resized.jpg (85.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 20160618_105240_resized.jpg (101.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20160618_105425_resized.jpg (103.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160617_195054.jpg (95.4 KB, 17 views)