Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-02-2012, 08:33 PM

Default 11/2 Short Trip to Check Conditions

Took an hour out to see what the bay looked like....So from the Magothy to Ft. Smallwood I had the following observations:

> The water clarity was not that bad...A little dirtier than 10 days ago, but not really bad at all. I think the top of the column to the bottom is pretty good as well. The down scan and side scan both read very well at all depths.

> Knock on wood, I did not see any debris in the water with the exception of a lot of leaves...

> Did not see many good balls of bait, the ones I saw were much smaller than 10 days ago and in water that was more shallow than I expected.

> The wind was crazy, and its does not look good over the next few days...Hopefully I can get out and see where the fish out next week.

If anyone else gets out, let us know what its like out there....
Old 11-04-2012, 06:35 PM

I ran the boat from Tolchester Marina Saturday morning to Chestertown. (Sorta surprised to find so many crab pots still out.) It was blowing a steady 20 knots from the west so water was churned up pretty good but I saw NOTHING as far as debris goes. I called the Dam hotline a few times in the last week and never heard of more than 5 gates open. Hopefully things will stay that way. Never got a rod out so nothing to report there unfortunately.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:41 AM

I got out yesterday morning in front of Ft Howard. Things were much better than I expected. Small debris, leaves etc.....no bait. We actually trolled for about 2 hours and caught 4 rock, largest at 22". Very surprised but happy.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:30 PM

Has anyone else noticed the clarity of the water? I was out on one of the neighborhood piers and could very clearly see every little thing on bottom in 3 to 4' of water
Old 11-07-2012, 06:05 PM

There was a satellite view on 11/5. The western shore rivers looked very good, Eastern Bay not so bad either. I thought it looked like more turbid water might be heading down the mainstem. Now it looks like it might be a couple more days to get another clear shot.

http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/i...2310.aqua.250m