Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-19-2010, 06:41 AM

Default Don't forget the small shop owner

I have talked to a few small shop owners. All say that business is "really sloooow". This is their slow time anyway, but with the recent snows and with most fresh water areas and creeks frozen, very little fishing is happening right now. After the Tri-state show this week, I plan on stopping by my favorite small shop to spend a little. I'm sure I can find something I "need"......................................Ma rk
Old 02-19-2010, 06:53 AM

Me too. I have spring break in the first week of March. I'm plannin on doing all my tackle rigging,rod getting ready, tackle inventory, etc. and making a trip down to my favortie little tackle shop. I'm sure there's PLENTY of things I NEED ! New rod reel, shads, umbrellas, "chutes", etc... Better stock up on pink shads. Heard they're gonna be real hot this year!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:12 AM

I was planing on stopping by Bowleys today to get my license and maybe pick up a couple things I don't need. These guys do need our help to stay in business.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:43 AM

Good thing for Catch and release still being open or I wouldnt need anything until the end of April.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:55 AM

Went to PSG show. I had a booth 2 years ago with the lures and rigs I make. Not worth the hassel This years show the prices were so low. Not much money to be made with all that going on. Now I only make lures to order. Almost given up making them completely. I do give some to my MSSA chapter and to the guys I fish with. Heck I know I have the cheapest price in town for rigged scotty clips but there I only sell by word of mouth.

I can just imagine how hard it is for the shop dealers with the overhead they have to crack. I still buy at every shop I visit even with what I make.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:12 AM

My local shop "Clydes" will have their spring sale March 5th -14th. Excellent prices on 309 combos, individual reels, or rods. All mono line will be half price and power pro will be a couple cents cheaper than normal. Bring your empty reels and they will spool it while you wait. If you have several reels to spool, it's best to hit Clydes during the weekdays of the sale; or drop off your reels and pick them up later.

I may post closer to the 5th and try to get some guys interested in going to the shop around 11 am and then hitting my local watering hole (Howards Subway) for a brew and sandwich.

5th (Marty)
Old 02-19-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
My local shop "Clydes" will have their spring sale March 5th -14th. Excellent prices on 309 combos, individual reels, or rods. All mono line will be half price and power pro will be a couple cents cheaper than normal. Bring your empty reels and they will spool it while you wait. If you have several reels to spool, it's best to hit Clydes during the weekdays of the sale; or drop off your reels and pick them up later.

I may post closer to the 5th and try to get some guys interested in going to the shop around 11 am and then hitting my local watering hole (Howards Subway) for a brew and sandwich.

5th (Marty)
I wish I still lived up that way sometimes. Clyde's and Howard's are two of my favorite places.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:06 AM

Where is Clydes...I have a couple reels I need spooled with mono.

I live in Bowie...there really isn't a "local" shop for me. Marty's in Edgewater is closest.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Guy View Post
Where is Clydes...I have a couple reels I need spooled with mono.

I live in Bowie...there really isn't a "local" shop for me. Marty's in Edgewater is closest.
I drive 70 miles round trip to shop at Martys, I'll give Jim my money over anyone else all the time!! In fact, I may have to run by in the next week or so!
Old 02-19-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post

5th (Marty)
I grew up in that area and allways went to Howards. What about the crabcakes and G&M. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Vince