Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-26-2016, 06:57 PM

I have used chum/frozen Ly from Chesapeake outdoors the last two weekends with good results. I stopped at the little tackle shop by Fisherman's Crab deck on the narrows, but they only had clam snouts.
TH
Old 06-26-2016, 07:58 PM

OK Freaky, first welcome to the board

Now explain your boat. It says 27 Chesapeake with 300 zuke, but when I click on your avatar, it shows a boat with twin hondas.
So what's up?

I suspect you have a 27. Is that a dark color hull? What year? Where are you running out of?

Details man, details

5th
Old 06-27-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
Mike brought the menhaden.....not sure where he got it but it would've been on the western shore.

Over the years Chesapeake Outdoors has always done well by me with various live and frozen baits.

I stopped into Island Tackle yesterday to kill some time while waiting for my son to get off of work. Nice store and decent prices on a few lures that I use a lot. Not sure about bait, but I can see myself being in there quite a bit.
Island Tackle Outfitters are good people. They have told me they will be getting fresh menhaden but I have yet to see it happen. I do try and buy my tackle from there as they are great to work with.

Chesapeake Outdoors does not have fresh menhaden, but you are having luck with frozen?
Old 06-27-2016, 07:38 PM

5th - sorry for the confusion. 2001 Chesapeake - dark blue hull, bought it last summer. Originally had twin 130 Hondas (as seen in avatar). Repowerd 2 weeks ago with Single 300 Suzuki - haven't updated pics. Currently launch from Lippincott marine in Grasonville, but planning to move to Queen Ann marina in Stevensville mid July.

Wyelife - yes did ok with frozen LY - I travel down 301 from PA , I haven't found anything but frozen between Elkton and the bridge...
Old 06-27-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Magnet View Post
5th - sorry for the confusion. 2001 Chesapeake - dark blue hull, bought it last summer. Originally had twin 130 Hondas (as seen in avatar). Repowerd 2 weeks ago with Single 300 Suzuki - haven't updated pics. Currently launch from Lippincott marine in Grasonville, but planning to move to Queen Ann marina in Stevensville mid July.

Wyelife - yes did ok with frozen LY - I travel down 301 from PA , I haven't found anything but frozen between Elkton and the bridge...
Got It
If you move to Queen Anne Marina, you will be on the opposite side of several other Judge guys. They run out of South River and Severn. I am down that way during Trophy Season as well (Deale).
I'll keep a lookout for you on the water.
5th
Old 06-28-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyelife View Post
Island Tackle Outfitters are good people. They have told me they will be getting fresh menhaden but I have yet to see it happen. I do try and buy my tackle from there as they are great to work with.

Chesapeake Outdoors does not have fresh menhaden, but you are having luck with frozen?
Frozen seemed fine. No complaints.

Yeah, I liked the guys in Island Tackle. Easy to talk to and didn't care that I was there just to burn some time. I still ended up buying a few things.....hard to resist and the prices on what I bought were fair.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Magnet View Post

My wife just started doing the bookkeeping there and said that the owner really wants to do some big things there. Anyway, thanks for moving your boat there and helping to keep my wife working!