Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-21-2010, 08:26 PM

Default Fishing report for Marty

I had charter parties both Wednesday and Thursday.......each group had fished with me before so knew what to do and an idea of how to set the lines. I do small party hands-on charters, you are the mate.......not for everyone but some folks truly enjoy a chance to get their hands dirty and have the full fishing experience......
Wed - left Deale at 0700 and dropped line just outside Holland Point Bar, worked short water 30-40 feet showing lots of bait and fish but they all had lockjaw.....so headed east....picked up 2 fish in quick succession in about 45 feet, one 27" one 26", worked the same spot 3 passes with no further hookups so continued my way east. Got over to the Eastern side and went to a spot I had marked the last 2 years at this time of year......found the fish sitting near the ledge......first pass 3 rods down.....2nd pass 2 rods down......third pass 2 more rods and both dummy lines.....a limit in the box, 2 unders released, and it's just past 1100.
Asked the guys if they wanted to go for some perch and they were all for it.....back to Holland Point bar and set a drift across....started a steady catch of 12-14 inch perch......even got a double on my new Mini-Mite rod.....quite the adventure.
Picked up around 200 and headed back in with a happy crew.

Thurs - Guys met me at 630 and off we went.....since Wed had been successful I did the same thing.....basically followed the same GPS track.....got to the magic spot and rods and dummies started popping regularly.....not as good as the day before but still good enough not to leave.....had our limit around 1230 and again went perchin'.....put some in the box and the guests needed to go in as 2 of them work nites and had to get cleaned up and off to work.

Most fish came off the deep rods.....16-20 oz inlines on umbrellas double rigged with Storms or small bucktails....or on the dummy lines.... MayWorms are hatchin, get em down deep.....most fish were 24-25 inches on both days.

Two good days with fun enthusiastic anglers on board, everyone had a blast, even JoeDaDog.
Plenty of open dates are availiable....especially mid week.....less boats and better fishing. Give me a call to book your trip.
Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MiniMite Double.jpg (26.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Doug.jpg (22.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Jason.jpg (22.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Jesse.jpg (22.2 KB, 11 views)
Sandpiper Charters www.goinsfishin.com

Last edited by goinsfishin; 05-21-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:01 PM

Nice work Steve. Glad to see biz is good.

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 05-21-2010, 10:51 PM

Thank You for the report. I hope to get out there B4 the rain starts.

TED
Old 05-22-2010, 09:36 AM

14 inch Perch - Holy sh*t - that is a beast.

Got to love using 1 1/4 lb of lead to catch a 3 lb fish

Congrats on getting limits - great to hear.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:13 PM

Thanks Steve; that's more info than I expected. Reports like this help a lot of the average fishermen. If they can't reproduce similar results, maybe they should book a trip with you and see first hand how you run your spread, and what size baits you use.
I took all my trolling gear off the boat 1) because I wasn't being very successful anymore, 2) because I'm getting new curtains installed June 1st.

Thanks again Steve, glad you a still successful and good to see you are working hard to keep your party busy.

5th (Marty)