Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 12-08-2012, 05:41 PM

Default Foggy trip below the bay bridge 12-8

I hate fog!! Tried at the CR Bouy today and had a fish on a spreader bar with 28oz inline back 70'. Only on for a short time, til it got into an umbrella. Only knockdown all day. Saw 5th so I knew I was in the right area, just didn't work out for me. Never saw a fish caught all day. Had to pull up early to run the 35 miles back home so a crew member could be back in time to keep the Mrs happy. I hate fog!! Surprised at the number of boats from Bloody to the bridge. Did I mention I don't care much for fog? Trying jigging above the bridge in the morning! Thinking of it as tailgating so if I don't catch anything, that's just 1 less thing I need to do before kick off!

PS- fog sucks!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:23 AM

The fog has been pretty gnarly all evening. I hope the rescue guys out looking for the bridge jumper are safe.....if the guy/girl actually went over. I know the local trucks were out for a long time and I heard the dive squad being called for around 8pm.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
bridge jumper?
Oh no! I can't understand why someone would do that. I hope they found them. Headed out to Love Point for some jigging shortly. Fortunatly i have a 12kw radar 'cause it has been getting a real workout lately...
Old 12-09-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
The fog has been pretty gnarly all evening. I hope the rescue guys out looking for the bridge jumper are safe.....if the guy/girl actually went over. I know the local trucks were out for a long time and I heard the dive squad being called for around 8pm.
This is such a hard time of the year for many people. God knows I count my blessings. If you are "depressed" or "despondent"; please seek help. Professional help is best, but if all you need is a day with friends near the water, send me a PM. When rock season is done, I often fish some ponds on the eastern shore for Bass, Pickeral, and Crappie during the off-season. We have a great group of guys (from this board) who make the day pass with laughter and good humor.
I remember a few years ago when one of the Tidal Fish guys went over the bridge; what a sad loss to his young family. Your situation among the group will be held in strict confidence.
Celabrate what you have
Enough preaching for today, back to fishing
5th (Marty)
Old 12-09-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
This is such a hard time of the year for many people. God knows I count my blessings. If you are "depressed" or "despondent"; please seek help. Professional help is best, but if all you need is a day with friends near the water, send me a PM. When rock season is done, I often fish some ponds on the eastern shore for Bass, Pickeral, and Crappie during the off-season. We have a great group of guys (from this board) who make the day pass with laughter and good humor.
I remember a few years ago when one of the Tidal Fish guys went over the bridge; what a sad loss to his young family. Your situation among the group will be held in strict confidence.
Celabrate what you have
Enough preaching for today, back to fishing
5th (Marty)
Yeah we end up cracking more jokes than catching fish most days. It's very therapeutic.

By the way Marty, I went back to those ponds once in late spring and caught dozens of nice Crappie floating a little tube under a bobber.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Yeah we end up cracking more jokes than catching fish most days. It's very therapeutic.

By the way Marty, I went back to those ponds once in late spring and caught dozens of nice Crappie floating a little tube under a bobber.
Ok; you need to show me how to do that. I keep "Clydes" bait and tackle shop in business with buying "shiners" all winter.
5th (Marty)