Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 10-20-2015, 07:46 PM

Default Halloween Prank for Skip

Out on a Charter today with Captain John. While we were jigging, we saw something floating in the water and drifting toward the boat. At first, we thought it was a crab pot (seen from a distance). Then, as it got closer, we said "What is that?".
I swear, it looked like a childs large Teddy Bear as it got closer. By now, it had everyone's attention When it was about 10 ft from the boat, we all said "It's a dead deer!"
I swear, it was the hind quarter of a large deer. You could see the hind legs and hooves hanging down below as the rump section passed under the boat.
Captain John said, "Watch to make sure it passes under the boat and doesn't get caught in the running gear".

Skip has dove for us before to free us of a "ghost pot" in the past. I could just see me calling him and telling him we had a "buck tail" caught in our running gear and we needed him to "dive" to clear it. I could only imagine the look on his face when he came eyeball to eyeball with the "buck tail"

5th
Old 10-21-2015, 04:56 AM

But can Capt. John make a spreader bar out of it?
Old 10-23-2015, 12:15 PM

After being " bumped " by countless live Cownose rays - something dead would not bother me at all. Stuff that moves is spooky.

Staying on twisted path - I've thought about tying a mannequin onto the bay bridge pilings the day before the commercial divers go and power wash them.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
After being " bumped " by countless live Cownose rays - something dead would not bother me at all. Stuff that moves is spooky.

Staying on twisted path - I've thought about tying a mannequin onto the bay bridge pilings the day before the commercial divers go and power wash them.
You're right- that is twisted, funny, but twisted!