Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 09-27-2012, 05:35 PM

Default Busted her cherry

I've had the Judge out for some trips with the wife and some friends, but today was the first day we fished her. I still had some things to do before we could wet a line.
My new trailer came in last week and I needed to put the boat on the trailer and see if it needed any adjustments. I thought Sandy Point would be the best place to float the new boat on the trailer and slowly bring it out of the water and watch how she sat on the bunks.
Good thought, but bad timing. We had very low tides this morning and hardly any water at the ramps. I had Lou watch so I didn't go past the yellow lines at the ramp. Damn; still a lot of trailer and bunk showing. I cranked the 27 Judge 2/3rds of the way and it stopped. I had to drive it up anyway.
We pulled it and inspected the bunks and winch. Looks like I need to have a few adjustments made. Nothing major, but just tweeked.
We splashed her back into the water (had to drive her off as well) and went looking for birds or breaking fish. Headed south and saw a group of boats livelinning just inside Eastern bay. We saw lots of bait on the surface, but nothing harassing them from above or below. We picked up a few under rock and a couple blues.
We pulled rods and headed south to 84 and again saw tons of bait. Dropped rods and picked up more undersize rock, but some nice blues. We kept scanning the area looking for better action, but called it quites at 1:30pm. I still had to drop Lou off at SP to get my truck and trailer, and I still had to run north to Bodkin Creek for my slip.
Back at the dock, I flushed the motor, hit the deck with a hose, and headed home for dinner and a shower. Off to a local watering hole for the Ravens game tonight. Those Michalobe Ultra's are going to taste real good tonight.
5th (Marty)
Old 09-27-2012, 05:45 PM

I'm glad this thread is about your NEW BOAT.

Sounds like a decent day of fishing.

The low tides have been REALLY low for the past week, and they seem to last much longer than usual. We had a sailboat sink at our marina last weekend and luckily the water at the slip never got over 4' deep all day as we raised it. We drug it into a super shallow slip for the night and then for almost 2 days it sat beached in the sand.

Going to Howard's for the game? I'll be driving right by there in about an hour but I have to rush to pick up my son from his football practice by 8.

Congrats on a nice first day fishing the new boat.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:09 PM

Scott; actually we are going to "Gunnings Too" in the Burwood shopping center.

I was more interested in just running her. The bay was flat and I couldn't resist the urge to keep heading south.

When I bought her, she had 3/4 tank of gas. I figured what the heck; I'm burning fuel I didn't even buy

Mark (Mlag) pulled in to SP while we were there and I hopped on his Judge to see some of the things he's done to make her more "fishable".

All in all, a good day. Now if the Ravens beat the Browns, that makes it a great day
5th (Marty)
Old 09-27-2012, 07:35 PM

I, for one, was hoping this post was not about a boat, she was in her 20's, and there might have been some pics !

I was out tonight for about 2 hours...Will post the report in the other section...

Old 09-27-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlien View Post
I, for one, was hoping this post was not about a boat, she was in her 20's,...
Hell, I have trouble gettin women my own age excited
5th