Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 08-30-2014, 07:04 AM

Default Even tougher bite out there

Weather was too nice yesterday to work. Unfortunately decided that about 8:30AM. Called my recently retired step-father and headed out of the slip about 9:45. Had a scout working north so I went south.
Trolled spoons, hoses, and tsunamis from mouth of Chester to 1UC to LP Bouy. 1 blue fish to show for it. Weather was perfect, the beer was cold, and I could only fish until 2:00 so it wasn't a full force effort but A rock would have been nice. Oh well, can't get them everytime or it wouldn't be fun when you did I suppose.
My scout caught a perch. My other scout caught a few fish first thing in the morning. Only saw 1 fish caught around us. With holiday fishermen and holiday boat traffic, I think this will be the extent of my weekend rockfishing. Good luck to those that give it a shot.
I'll be catfishing Sunday in the Chester with 5 HOT women! . Might be a good time to stop and introduce yourself .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (98.3 KB, 8 views)

Old 08-31-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Weather was too nice yesterday to work. Unfortunately decided that about 8:30AM. Called my recently retired step-father and headed out of the slip about 9:45. Had a scout working north so I went south.
Trolled spoons, hoses, and tsunamis from mouth of Chester to 1UC to LP Bouy. 1 blue fish to show for it. Weather was perfect, the beer was cold, and I could only fish until 2:00 so it wasn't a full force effort but A rock would have been nice. Oh well, can't get them everytime or it wouldn't be fun when you did I suppose.
My scout caught a perch. My other scout caught a few fish first thing in the morning. Only saw 1 fish caught around us. With holiday fishermen and holiday boat traffic, I think this will be the extent of my weekend rockfishing. Good luck to those that give it a shot.
I'll be catfishing Sunday in the Chester with 5 HOT women! . Might be a good time to stop and introduce yourself .
Yes, Friday stunk. We managed 7 Saturday on eels on some of the humps and holes in the upper bay. It was a grind as we drifted the same hump for 4 hours straight. Most fish in 18 to 35 ft. Actually had one guy set the book and reeled in a 6 " perch and the eel was gone. Go figure.
Bhl (Bruce)
Old 08-31-2014, 08:15 PM

We were hurting Saturday too. We fished for several hours for spot to live line and only had 2 in the live well to show for it. Luckily we found birds on some fish and we jigged on them for while. Most of the pods had undersized fish but a few of the pods had some keepers from to 22" so we were able to come home with healthy clean fish.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:09 AM

Glad I'm not the only one. I know you need these days every now and then to remind you how lucky you are on the good days.
Way to stick with it and get your people fish gents!!