Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 12-16-2014, 07:54 AM

Default PLO last day

Carted my dad, my "little" brother (6 years younger than me but is ~6'3"+), and a friend of the family down to PLO after they drove to my house from the Philly area. This put us behind my usual launch time and we missed the hot bite that Marty was on first thing. After a few hours of searching and only picking up a few fish to 26", we had a bird show form by the deep water ledge right by us. We had been marking at ton of bait in the area and but didnt pick anything out of it after a couple of passes before the bird show. We were away from most of the other boats in the area and were ready to put the trolling stuff away and chase the birds on smaller fish in shallower water that the fleet was on when the birds began. We had even pulled 3 rods in when I swung over towards the birds. Then the madness began. We ended up with 10 or 11 rods down at once with a couple of fish on one rod. All fish were fat, full of sea lice and over 30". Since all but 3 rods were in, we pulled everything and started jigging on the fish. We ended up with a good hour or so on a steady jigging bite. My brother even got a nice fish in the upper 30's (which I regret not getting a photo of). Everyone was hooking up. It was a haul for my family but the trip was worth it.

Thanks for the intel Marty! I also appreciate you being out there as buddy boat. Dont put yours away just yet. We have some more trips to make The VA line isnt too far away

We had a full limit of overs and unders (and many releases)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dad2.jpg (44.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg dad1.jpg (55.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg dad3.jpg (58.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg adam.jpg (31.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg dadboat.jpg (95.0 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-16-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:49 AM

Greg; it was an epic day

The only time we weren't catching fish yesterday was when I decided to put the jigging rod down and eat lunch

I'm going to try indoor storage this winter (starting tomorrow) so the boat can come out and play if I get the urge:roll eyes:

Having three boats (all 27 Judges) in the same area and searching for the quality schools of fish sure helps everyone be successful.

I hope to wash the boat down this morning (just full of fish slime) and take it over for storage tomorrow.
5th
Old 12-16-2014, 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=5th Tuition;18962]Greg; it was an epic day

The only time we weren't catching fish yesterday was when I decided to put the jigging rod down and eat lunch

I'm going to try indoor storage this winter (starting tomorrow) so the boat can come out and play if I get the urge:roll eyes:

Having three boats (all 27 Judges) in the same area and searching for the quality schools of fish sure helps everyone be successful.

I hope to wash the boat down this morning (just full of fish slime) and take it over for storage tomorrow.
5th[/QUOTE

Must be heading to the new place in ferndale. I heard that I was very reasonable. If same place I'm thinking of let us know how it works out.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:09 PM

The 10" green BKD looks familiar I had to downsize since we were catching smaller fish and my 10" never got touched. We thought about moving out further where you were, but we never did. Still had a blast and caught some nice fish, but never got into the bigger ones like I was catching last week. Glad you found them.

Last edited by Breakaway; 12-16-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:29 PM

Putting mine away tomorrow until spring