Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-04-2011, 03:29 PM

I'm in...Garlien and I will be there EARLY.

I'll be wearing a black wool hat with "LWRC" on the front.

Say hi if you see me.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:09 AM

Glad I got there early...it was getting PACKED by 8:30.

Scored a great deal on some new adult life jackets.....$1 each for decent Stearns!

Found a box of semi rare ammo for $10.

And I bought about $25 worth of lures.

Decent event....Thank you Tri State for having it.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:51 PM

Lou and I didn't make it there early, us retired guys get used to sleeping until the sun rises.
I wasn't in the market for any used equipment, so I figured we didn't need to get there too early.

Mike; I called your cell, but you must have been gone before I arrived. Thought you might want to join us for lunch at Happy Harbor.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Lou and I didn't make it there early, us retired guys get used to sleeping until the sun rises.
I wasn't in the market for any used equipment, so I figured we didn't need to get there too early.

Mike; I called your cell, but you must have been gone before I arrived. Thought you might want to join us for lunch at Happy Harbor.
I met Mike at the Severna Park/Arnold Parn N Ride and then drove down....we were waiting there at 7:15.

Had our first beer at 9:15 after we left.....

I showed Mike where Happy Harbor is, and then we stopped in All Tackle for a minute on the way home.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:13 PM

Spot77; no wonder I didn't see your hat
5th (Marty)
Old 02-05-2011, 09:26 PM

Damn Marty...Shame I missed ya...Lets make sure we catch up at the PSG flea market...
Old 02-12-2011, 06:29 PM

We bought some great looking spoons while we were there, and I stumbled into a place that sells them in Deale called the South River Cafe.

I know some of y'all are from that area and others like to go eat at Happy Harbor. This little place is fast becoming my favorite breakfast and coffee stop when I'm working down that way.

Anyway, I have a feeling these rooster tail spoons will catch a few fish for me this year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rooster Tail Spoon.JPG (21.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 02-12-2011, 06:46 PM

Spot77 - about South River Cafe - I went there during the summer. Nice afternoon. Wife and kid. Stood at the counter for about 30 minutes to be seated...plenty of open seats, they kept taking to-go orders rather than seating us. Just left and went to Petie Greens. Guess they were understaffed, but still... Have they got that under control because it looked like they had a good menu, and having another option over Happy Harbor and Petie Green's (which are both good) would be good, especially for lunch.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Guy View Post
Spot77 - about South River Cafe - I went there during the summer. Nice afternoon. Wife and kid. Stood at the counter for about 30 minutes to be seated...plenty of open seats, they kept taking to-go orders rather than seating us. Just left and went to Petie Greens. Guess they were understaffed, but still... Have they got that under control because it looked like they had a good menu, and having another option over Happy Harbor and Petie Green's (which are both good) would be good, especially for lunch.
I've always had great friendly, personal service, but I've only been there in the mornings right as they opened at 7am. I hope they can continue that kind of service throughout the day, but I have no personal experience with any other time of the day.

Petie Green's? Is that over near Skipper's Pier? I love trying new places, especially on or near the water.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:08 PM

Spot77 - just so I'm sure (and I think I am), the place we are talking about, I think is actually called "South County Cafe" on 256, next to the Hardware store right? Anyway, I'll give it a second try some time soon. Ate there several years ago when I think it was called something else - after a bluegrass festival in Deale (when Good Deale Bluegrass was still in business). Had a good meal then.

Petie Greens is down the road on the way to Skippers Pier. Dinner menu is probably better than the lunch (good specials for dinner - none for lunch). Good food, good atmosphere. Gets crowded in the summers. Just one of a couple places I like to occasionally head to. I wouldn't say it's a world beater, but I'd definitely recommend checking it out.