Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-07-2011, 07:43 PM

Justchillin - The netters take a lot - one idea tossed around was a $5.00 Rockfish stamp - money would buy out the netters. Never heard if it even got off the ground.

One thing is the amount of fish that poachers take. It's much more then most realize.

Jigstix - If I've ever been rude to some one keeping a legal fish over 40 - please call my attention to it. Believe me or not but this year there were a lot of 38 to just under 40 inch fish around.

As far as me holding it against someone - you really do not know me.

It is only a SUGGESTION on my part. Now / then one even goes in the box on my boat. The idea is not to kill them all.

I think many are starting to see DNR for what it is. Common sense would be to require C/R until May 15th on bigger fish - like it used to be.

Until something changes - as long as it is a legal catch / kill - not much someone can complain about it. There is always one or two folks who will criticize / nit pick a post here or on TF. Some I swear live to be miserable - judging by the vemon them type.

There is no easy / simple fix. Limit years ago in spring was 36 inches - now it is 28.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Justchillin - The netters take a lot - one idea tossed around was a $5.00 Rockfish stamp - money would buy out the netters. Never heard if it even got off the ground.

One thing is the amount of fish that poachers take. It's much more then most realize.

Jigstix - If I've ever been rude to some one keeping a legal fish over 40 - please call my attention to it. Believe me or not but this year there were a lot of 38 to just under 40 inch fish around.

As far as me holding it against someone - you really do not know me.

It is only a SUGGESTION on my part. Now / then one even goes in the box on my boat. The idea is not to kill them all.

I think many are starting to see DNR for what it is. Common sense would be to require C/R until May 15th on bigger fish - like it used to be.

Until something changes - as long as it is a legal catch / kill - not much someone can complain about it. There is always one or two folks who will criticize / nit pick a post here or on TF. Some I swear live to be miserable - judging by the vemon them type.

There is no easy / simple fix. Limit years ago in spring was 36 inches - now it is 28.
Skip
These are the words of people you fish with and some I'd assume are friends. I got 2 more more tonight. Don't take it personally it really should be flattering in a roundabout way. I don't know you but these are the words of those who do.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:38 PM

[QUOTE=JigStix;9407]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post

... People ask you for advice and are afraid you won't give it if they break any of the rules you preach. They are also afraid to disagree with you. Not your fault at all. Why do I say this and how do I know? Because I got 2 separate bm saying it. And earlier this year when I gave you some crap, I got another bm from one of your friends thanking me for saying it because many don't want to say it for the reasons I stated above. ....
You know, I had a smart ass remark in mind. But honestly, I think is an example of why people don't report any more. Too often, people get on the net in these forums and decide that they need to be internet cops and best friends to all. They feel the need to be a savior to all the other people out there. It's just too annoying to be an active member of any forum any more, and it's tiring having to deal with it.

They (the internet cops) accuse people of doing illegal things and "call them out for it"...when in reality, if they are so sure an illegal activity has occurred, they should man up and call the DNR. Posting on this forum and "calling someone out" does nothing of consequence for anyone.

They accuse people of being jerks or hypocrites and "call them out for it"...when honestly, who gives a rat's a$$ - what does that actually accomplish? Nothing. Who are you saving these hypocrites from? It's a forum on the internet, it's not important. And anyone can post anything, and if you don't know that, you are a moron and probably beyond help anyway.

They figure they understand people from what they read on an internet forum, in the comfort of their own home, hiding behind a screen name, without ever meeting them - and then feel the need to make sure everyone else knows what mysteriously important piece of information they figured out...when honestly, you don't know sh!t about that person because this is an internet forum and not the real world. I could write that I'm the King of Siam and you have no idea if I'm telling the truth, drunk, stupid, an a-hole, or actually the king. My reports could be true or false. My successes could be truth or lies. I could BM you right after I write this and say exactly what you wrote above about being afraid of Skip, and it would be a lie...or would it? You have no idea if I'm actually Skip's friend and if I'm telling you the truth. My point, this is an internet forum and you can't tell anything about anyone from it.

To all the internet cops out there, please do us all a favor - if you have a problem with whomever, keep it to yourself because frankly I think most people don't need you to help them figure out who the hypocrites and bad people are, and the rest of us just don't care. Better yet, if someone writes something annoying, ignore it...is it really important to you what someone says on here, and if people are truthful or not?

Usually I choose to ignore posts like this. However, the Jets/Colts game is beyond boring (until the last minute) and I just felt compelled even though this post is generally what I just railed against (that's called a catch 22 right?). But really, you don't have to care who I am or what my feelings are. I don't need to impress anyone here. No need to reply, because I probably won't care what you have to say in response anyway. No offense, just being honest.

Cheers,

Bob

Last edited by Bug Guy; 01-08-2011 at 11:40 PM. Reason: commas make all the difference
Old 01-09-2011, 10:15 AM

Bug Guy:

I think you goofed up something. You have attributed a quote to me which is not mine.

So I'm not sure if you thought you were replying to me, or the author of those words.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:17 AM

Oh, but for the record, I agree with your response.

And I see why your reply is goofed. You quoted somebody that replied to me in part, but they goofed up the quote tags.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:26 AM

Bug Guy,

Clearly,

You are having a bad day. Ligthen up. No one else gives a crap. Let'em fight back and forth. It provides humor.

Simple
Old 01-09-2011, 12:21 PM

I don't know what the "perception" of me is on the internet. But those that know me and fish with me know going in that I usually critisize the type of boat you own, your choice of electronics, your spread (even the lures), and location you fish.
It seems to work for me. Try it next time out, as a HO, you have an obligation to help improve the fishing techniques of your host.

I'm retired, so I'm available to jump on your boat anytime.

p.s. I only keep fish 40 inches and over (they fill the box up faster).
p.p.s. I've already been invited on Brandon's new boat as soon as it's built for the madien fishing trip.
5th (Marty)
Old 01-09-2011, 03:48 PM

Marty - only over 40's you catch , you net from my wake - since we all know all C/R fish die .
Old 01-09-2011, 06:40 PM

Damn Marty...I need to get into Skip's wake as well !

Old 01-09-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Marty - only over 40's you catch , you net from my wake - since we all know all C/R fish die .
Skip; you give me too much credit with handling a net; right Alan?
5th (Marty)