Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2012, 01:54 PM

Default Wow - Timonium Boat Show

Surprising news....

Show Cancellation Notice

As a result of the economic conditions affecting our country, and our resulting inability to attract the number of exhibitors needed to produce a quality event, we have decided to cancel the Fishing Expo & Boat Show scheduled for January 13-15, 2012. We know that America is much stronger economically than it appears presently, and we know the economy will rebound and our country will flourish again in the future. When that happens, we will bring back the Fishing Expo & Boat Show and return it to its position of importance to the region’s recreational and sport fishing communities.

Thank you for your support over the past 27 years; we are deeply appreciative and grateful. We hope to have your support again in the future.

Bob Dobart, Show Promoter
Old 01-11-2012, 04:07 PM

Good ridence i say. The show started out pretty good. I used to go and the venders had last years models for sale or discountinued merchendise, or even remanufactured rods and reels. You could get some bargains.
The last few years, the prices were mostly the same as found in tackle stores. After paying the entrance fee, you paid more than the store price.
As far as boats are concerned, less and less venders showed up. With fewer people buying boats (economy) I guess the cost to rent the space became prohibited for the dealers.
Last, but not least, the light rail ride became more and more anoying. Whatever the sign says (no drinking, no eating, no music, no profanity) you could count on the patrons doing the opposite. The last straw was when my wife and I were riding home from the event and someone shot at the train and hit the window alongside of us. I told the metro police when we got off at our station and they said it happens all the time. They didn't even make out a report.
Between all the MSSA fleamarkets, PSG, and tri-state I will have plenty of other places to spend my money.
5th (Marty)
Old 01-11-2012, 04:11 PM

P.S. Don't forget about the special sales at Marty's Bait and Tackle or Clydes which has a spring sale in March.
5th
Old 01-11-2012, 07:44 PM

Shame.

I too noticed that the show had been declining for the past few years. I think I've been going for about 10 years now.

I'll miss it simply because it was a fun day. Always grabbed lunch and a few beers afterwards at Padonia Station.