Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2014, 05:52 AM

Default Fishing observations

My wife and I are spending the weekend in Oxford for our 10th anniversary. Crossing the bay bridge around 3:30 pm Friday three boats out one in the main channel. One near brick house and one near sewer pipe. The boat near the sewer pipe was in full trolling regalia planer boards and parachute flying.
A friend was further south Friday am near 84 shaking down his boat with a boat spread out. Fish we're marking deep good amount of bait. Nothing to show for his efforts except a successful shake down. I'll be out next weekend from Sandy Point.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 04-05-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:57 AM

We have been out twice this year having success both times.
Despite the fact that the action was slow, here is what we are seeing:

Very little to no bait up high in the water column. We are marking occasional fish. Water temp as of last Tuesday by TPL was reading 43 degrees at its warmest on the surface. All our fish have not come in the deep water but in shallower than 50' of water. We have pulled all tandems off the boards (3 each side) with various combos from 12/6oz to a 2/5. The lighter combos have produced back ~60-70' behind the clip. Due to the cold water, speeds have had to be slower through the water for success.

Like I said, not much bait to see but working these type of fish marks has slowly produced..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1870f.jpg (24.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg ff.jpg (55.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg ff2.jpg (63.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by B-Faithful; 04-06-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Nut View Post
My wife and I are spending the weekend in Oxford for our 10th anniversary. Crossing the bay bridge around 3:30 pm Friday three boats out one in the main channel. One near brick house and one near sewer pipe. The boat near the sewer pipe was in full trolling regalia planer boards and parachute flying.
A friend was further south Friday am near 84 shaking down his boat with a boat spread out. Fish we're marking deep good amount of bait. Nothing to show for his efforts except a successful shake down. I'll be out next weekend from Sandy Point.
Give me a shout on 68 next week. I'm not sure which day I'll be out but we will be somewhere in front of Poplar Island.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 04-06-2014, 08:22 AM

Hopefully I will be out next weekend also.Going out of Sandy Point and heading south.I will be on 68 and answer to (one more cast)Maybe we all can work together and figure them out. Hey Rob I remember last year we had a good day the weekend before the season opened down there.

(1morecast) Dan
Old 04-07-2014, 03:54 AM

Definitely Dan. Give me a call later in the week, I'll let you know what's our game plan is. Back from the shore around 11:am Sunday. Coming over bay bridge water was noticeably stained. Roughly, 12 boats visible with no concentration. Most looked to be just poking around. Probably 20 trailers at sandy point ramp. Not many boats for such a nice day.

Arrived home from the anniversary excursion and couldn't believe my eyes.
The old man and a few fishing buddies were detailing the boat.

The winter must have been hard on them.....

Went over to inspect the work,and recognized they had full cooler of beer .

The Carolina has her war paint on

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 04-07-2014 at 04:00 AM.