Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 12-07-2014, 02:18 PM

Default 2nd hand report from the tunnel

Had a couple buddies hit the CBBT area this weekend. Not a ton of details to pass along but 1 boat limited and 1 was skunked for 2 days of fishing. The skunked boat tried both eels and trolling out of cape charles. "Limit" boat drifted eels and put in at Kiptopeke.

Sounds like things are still very hit or miss down there. Some info is better than none right?

Old 12-08-2014, 07:39 AM

That sounds about right, we fished a couple days after Thanksgiving and caught a few...you may be seeing a lot of fish pics but there are far more boats than fish. The bigger problem is the weather, its hard to get 2 consecutive days of fishable conditions without getting beat to sh#t !!
I will say though, the fish in that area right now are BEAST, a very nice class of 40 lber's !! It may be a good spring season up here.
We're heading back down again this weekend, so hopefully I will have a follow up report.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:11 AM

That's helpful, thanks. From what I've heard as well it is hit or miss. Have a crew ready to trailer down there this weekend if the weather permits, but we may end up going to Buzz's instead. Still have a shot at big fish by then down there, but also have a more reliable schoolie bite. Decisions, decisions. Of course with me crewed up already it will surely be a blow out...
Old 12-08-2014, 12:13 PM

I'm hoping to get out Sunday out of hoopersville area. Taking big boat to Denton Sat morning so pulling 22' CC south Sunday if weather permits.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:26 PM

FWIW- Same buddy went this past weekend and got a 2 day skunk again!!!😳. He is a Hook and line Capt too so it's not like he is clueless, the fish just weren't being very accommodating or they weren't there. Surprisingly enough, he didn't want to talk much about it so details are vague.