Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-01-2011, 01:52 PM

Default Baltimore Grand Prix by Boat

If the weather looks nice on Sunday I am planning to take the family to the inner harbor by boat. The Grand Prix should be going on. We won’t be able to see much of the race, but I am sure we will be able to hear it. Think the harbor will be a mob scene full of boats?

www.DCMSSA.org
Twitter: @DCMSSA
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

23' SeaCraft, Twin E-Tec 150s
Old 09-01-2011, 03:37 PM

Any time the Labor Day weekend weather is nice - often there are a lot of boats out.

For many - it's the last big hurray of the season. People will start putting boats away - not realizing how much they will miss.

If you do go into the Baltimore Harbor - be sure to pay close attention to the 6 mph zone. It starts way before the harbor and the police boats often give tickets - not warnings .

Be cool if next year - Baltimore got a few floating docks and set up bleachers for folks to come by water and watch the races.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Any time the Labor Day weekend weather is nice - often there are a lot of boats out.

For many - it's the last big hurray of the season. People will start putting boats away - not realizing how much they will miss.

If you do go into the Baltimore Harbor - be sure to pay close attention to the 6 mph zone. It starts way before the harbor and the police boats often give tickets - not warnings .

Be cool if next year - Baltimore got a few floating docks and set up bleachers for folks to come by water and watch the races.
That 6 zone starts around Ft McHenry I think....but it's been almost a decade since I've taken a boat into Baltimore.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:55 AM

I have only visited B-more by boat once before and I have to admit that I didn't notice the 6mph zone until we were on the way back out. Thanks for the reminder.

I just hope the river doesn't smell like $#!T.

www.DCMSSA.org
Twitter: @DCMSSA
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

23' SeaCraft, Twin E-Tec 150s