Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-01-2014, 09:04 PM

Default Hoopersville and the Honga

Towed the 22' to Hooper's Island yesterday afternoon. Hit the Honga in search of croaker. Found plenty in the Honga but only a few were over the 10"min we set. (Next time it will be 14"+ as four fish only produced 11oz of fillets )

I absolutely love it down there!! Big water and lots of it. Today's weather was perfect. Took the trip around the middle and lower island just because it was sooo nice out I didn't want to come in! I can't wait until our next trip.

Ps- As always, awesome dinner last night at Old Saltys.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:13 AM

Sweet! U made out better than I did in the Chester yesterday. I lost a 1.5 oz. rattletrap at the first stop, cost more than the gas for the trip
Old 06-04-2014, 07:25 AM

One of my favorite areas to fish but don't get down there from Annapolis area very often. No traffic on the water and a pristine part of the bay. Always new areas of shoreline to check out and a great area to fish when the bay is snotty. I run a 19' skiff so it's nice to stay behind the islands when I can't get out into the main bay. My bucket list has the desire to become more knowledgeable about the area and hit the trout along those shorelines with some success.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:29 PM

Looks like I am skipping the Rock Hall and the Kent Island tourney this weekend and going back down to Hooper's for fri and sat night!! Forget the croaker, I 'm hunting for red, specks, and Rock.

Good luck to those that are partaking in the tournaments!!

Old 06-05-2014, 05:27 AM

Jeff, I may be down in the area Saturday. Scouting the back cuts in the marsh. Near Bennets an the ditch/cut. I haven't found the specs. I'll be looking for a pod of horse croaker and some reds The next crab molt is in a week so fish may start targetting the crab.

Bust em baits hooked me up with some small swim baits similar to a DOA. I need to give them a whirl.

I'll be launching lower hoppers or smithvile. I'll be buzzen around in a cc14 skiff or a sea ark aluminum with a big ass mud motor on it.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 06-05-2014, 05:56 AM

Great, we can cover more ground with the buddy system. Call me when you get overboard and I'll tell you what I know (shouldn't take too long ). My club's house is next to the bridge leading onto the middle island. I will be with my bride Margaret and maybe our dogs. 410-708-0087 cell

Saturday is forecasted to be beautiful!!! Here's a pic of the JUST BECAUSE and I hope to see you. I still have your number as ending in 63??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (98.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Chessie27; 06-05-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:15 AM

I love that area too. My Parker Pilothouse isn't the best suited for getting up close in the skinny water. I wish I could get my skiff across the bay from Solomons to hit those spots. I've even thought of towing the skiff across with the Parker. This year I will throw a kayak on the Parker and just spend some time exploring. Great place guys, I envy you.

Steve
Old 06-06-2014, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Great, we can cover more ground with the buddy system. Call me when you get overboard and I'll tell you what I know (shouldn't take too long ). My club's house is next to the bridge leading onto the middle island. I will be with my bride Margaret and maybe our dogs. 410-708-0087 cell

Saturday is forecasted to be beautiful!!! Here's a pic of the JUST BECAUSE and I hope to we fou see you. I still have your number as ending in 63??

10-4. I be in the water around 6. We found a few big croaker two weeks ago. Mostly smaller ones. My local friends said things have picked up the past few days.

Lets keep in touch. I'll be in the aluminum boat so skinny not a problem.

I'll also be back at the area next week

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot