Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-16-2010, 08:58 PM

Default Need a marine electrician......

.....for about 3 hours or less worth of work on my little bass boat.

I'm fairly handy, and could probably do this myself but it would take 3 times longer and I'd rather know that somebody with skills fixed it right.

I need a few problems traced; my tach quit working (that might just be a loose wire; it worked before Fairwinds replaced all the cables, but not after I got it back from them), lights are dead (I think I can SEE that problem; some corroded wires) and when I have the running lights on my trim gauge doesn't work.

I also have a few misc. wires that I'd like removed and some re-routed.

2 out of the three problems existed before the boat went underwater.

Anybody here want to make some money? Know anyone reliable that'll come to my house and take care of this without breaking my wallet? It's only a 15' boat, so the distance from the console to the motor and batteries is about 6'.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:42 PM

I contacted an electrican for my boat. That was 11 weeks ago and he failed to show up yet. Good luck, Bob
Old 10-16-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie View Post
I contacted an electrican for my boat. That was 11 weeks ago and he failed to show up yet. Good luck, Bob
Yeah I quit holding my breath thinking that I might actually get back on the water this year....it's been exactly 2 months since I posted this and I haven't had any luck.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:42 PM

It's been 5 yrs since my boat ran right. I got mad and bought a brand new engine from Detroit in late June. The bottom line is the new motor will not crank over. I called the neighborhood mechanic 15 weeks ago and he never showed up. I called another young mechanic who said he will get it the next day, that was 5 weeks ago and he never showed.

When I had the boat in lower Del. the "big time dealer" said I can expect at least a 2 yr. turn around. When I said "no, forget it" I still had to get my attorney after them just to get my boat back!

Oh, I forgot but that is what I need, an electrican for my wiring harnass.

Good luck, Bob
Old 01-03-2011, 07:51 PM

Well I took her into Fairwinds today for the final repair work.

They were DEAD there, so if anybody needs some work done, I'd say take your boats in there in a few days (after mine is done )