Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 08-19-2019, 01:38 PM

Default Mac Attack 8-16-19

Haven't been fishing for a while. Been taking time and enjoying some Crabbing in parts South and a good far piece down on the eastern shore. The reports of Spanish Mackerel brought me out of my hole. Finally, something to catch other than Rock. Pointed the truck South . I needed to test out my new brakes and tires on the trailer a 160 mile round trip should be a nice stress test.

Hit the water early 5:00 AM due to the heat and ventured to a nice ledge in 25' of water. Not long for some small rock to jump on. I was trolling to slow. Speed up started catching some small blues. Speed up to 7.5 - 8 kts Mack's started attacking, in short order I had 4 rods all tangled. Switched to 3 rods and game on. Number 1 and 2 planners worked well with small drones and Clark spoons, with number 1 being preferred by the macs. After about 15 fish in the box we switched out the heavy tackle and planners for spinning rods with gotcha plugs, and Deadly Dicks lures. Trolled about 40' - 50' off the boat in the prop wash , Hook up was almost instant, when hooked up we placed the boat in neutral and had a blast.

These are nice fighting fish on spinning rods.

Ended the hot day with a nice cooler and a successful adventure with the trailer.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 08-19-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:14 AM

Sounds like a great day. 8 knot troll - that helps beat the heat!!