Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2013, 03:03 PM

Thanks for the report skip.
Was in that area between the light houses friday to chum a little after loading the cooler with croaker and perch for a fish fry.

Guess I timed it wrong cause after a half hour the current slowed and the wind swung my boat around making it impossible to chum. Didnt notice right away that my my chum bag went under the back of the boat and got hung up on the out drive. tried for awhile to get it loose and then knew i was gonna have to go over board to get it loose.

The wind was really blowing then and we had some good 3-4' waves. I have a full length swim platform I would have to get under so I decided I better wait till the current turned back with the wind and be a little calmer to get in there. It was a long wait and the winds just seemed to get stronger and wasnt really able to fish other than a little jigging but put on my life jacket and got in and was able to get the chum bag untangled and then move to calmer waters to finish out the day. Had the guys on board let me know when bigger waves were coming and timed my attempts so not to get cracked in the head by the platform.

Last edited by CAGE RATTLER; 07-07-2013 at 03:07 PM.