Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 12-04-2016, 08:30 PM

Unhappy Plo 12/4

Quick report from today. Marty (5th Tuition) and Jeff (Breakaway) and I have been talking over the week to come up with a plan on where to fish. We all decided to go a tad later since it was a small craft warning till 6am this morning and boy let me tell you the waves didn't let up till 1pm this afternoon. Anyway put the boat in about 8ish this morning and headed to the mouth of the river where we've done good in the past. Found some decent bait and a few marks so we set out. On the way over I went past Mako Mike and we talked on where's the fish gonna be and we all would stay in touch to figure it out. So after setting lines we trolled for awhile with no success so we decided to reel up and move a tad North and there we found good marks and set over. Picked up two nice 24"ers and they went in the box. Then the screen went blank. Picked up and moved again. Lines over and another two 24"ers. Then screen blank again. During this entire time we all stayed intouch on trying to figure these fish out. Decided to run down to 66 and then 65 and found good Mark's but couldn't get them to bite. So I called it a day. As I was running back I found some birds working where we left and set back the spread and quickly picked up a nice 30"er. Trolled for a tad longer and called it a day. All in all we had a good time as we always do. As we came to the Ramp a few guys were struggling getting the boat on trailer and sure enough and poor Ole guy falls off the trailer and into the ice cold water. He looked freezing! We made sure he was alright and off we went. Hope to get out a few more times before it's all over. Oh and by the way thanks to all the Judge boats for letting the Parker work with yall today it was a pleasure! 😨
Old 12-04-2016, 09:40 PM

C.J.
First, it was good to finally put a face to the name. We have been talking on the phone and texting for over a year without ever meeting

It was a bit snotty this morning. Just enough chop to keep you from trolling wherever you wanted to go. The afternoon was much easier, and productive

Landed 13 of 14 fish today. Only 7 keepers in the box (most 23-29 inches). Lost our 8th fish for a limit on a rod handoff

It was easy to find you with your net in a roof rod today

That sure is a lot of water to cover down south. With several boats working together, it helps

I didn't take many photo's today, but here's a typical fat 25 inch fish. Deep rods were the only thing producing. I had an experienced crew that landed a fair number of fish today. Jason (Rockin Robin), Lolo (Gypsey Danger), and his buddy Sasha (?) took care of the back of the boat all day.

Birds helped, but sure didn't make it easy today. Good working with you today.
5th Marty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2225.jpg (92.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-05-2016, 07:55 AM

Good seeing and talking to everyone today. As you know we spent four days down there fishing. We were able to fish three of four days and with the exception of Thursday the weather and fish were not very cooperative. It was nice to have a couple boats to cover the water the last day there.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:36 PM

PLO was definitely tough yesterday. We spent a lot of time moving and looking. The morning was dead, especially with stiffer than expected winds, 3' seas, and a 1.5+kn drift at times. When birds would come up it was either mostly dinks or a ton of boats would descend right through them. We squeezed out a limit with no hot bite at one place. It was a just a couple fish here and couple there. The biggest went 28" but the keeper to throw back ratio wasnt the best.

Here are the crowds descending on birds. My radar range is only at 1/2 mile (the light green circle around the boat icon). Had it been at 1 or 2 miles you would have seen the real zoo..

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-05-2016 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:02 PM

B-Faithful I was near you a few times yesterday while trolling. Next time I'm out I'll be sure to give you a buzz on 68 if I'm on anything good. Nice catch by the way.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:42 PM

You would have to hail me down on VHF16 or my cell phone (410-533-1435). I usually just monitor 16 for safety. Occasionally I will have it on scan but usually not.