Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 10-30-2016, 06:59 PM

Default Sunday 10/30 Report

Launched out of Rod n reel this morning and headed North toward 83. Get into about 40' of water and the depth finder is lite up like a Christmas tree with bait. Set over 6 rods and started working the area and almost instantly we hook up and over comes a nice 23". Made a quick circle and started to work the same area but this time nothing. Worked that area north,South,East and West for the next two hours and we just could not get them to bite anymore. Plenty of bait but the fish just would not bite for me. Decided to reel up and head to the Choptank. On the way over we seen birds and picked up a few shorts so we continue to the Tank. After getting there we head to Bouy 9 and find school after school of fish. Caught all the fish you could want but only 3 more keepers in the low 20's. We did end up losing one nice fish in the upper 20's on the side of the boat All in all it was a nice day on the water with a crew that never gets to fish but they had a ton of fun reeling in alot of fish.... Good luck out there!

Last edited by C-MONSTER; 10-30-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:14 PM

It's always great when you can get people out that rarely get to go and you put them on lots of pullage. I'm sure they enjoyed themselves; well done Captain!!

Old 10-31-2016, 06:08 AM

Good report CJ.
I've been fooled by all the bait in the bay too. I just figured there HAS to be fish around/under all that bait.

My downscan shows very few fish mixed in with the bait. No wonder, there's bait everywhere

Seems like when the tide changes, everything busts loose for about an hour or more and the fish gorge themselves.

Glad you got out.
5th