Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-07-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlien View Post
Ok. I will bring my cash with me as well.

So all fishing above the bridge and no spot?

I am good with that.

Evens it out for all of us.
Mike (Garlien); That was all tongue in cheek for Mlag. As per last year, no conditions on bait or location.
5th
Old 10-08-2019, 06:26 AM

Lol...

So now I know a few things.

Fish below the bridge, make sure I have enough spot, make sure I have the biggest fish by 1030 AM...

Easy, thanks for the heads up!

Safe fishing to all this weekend.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:40 AM

Here are the lat/lons I took from the website 391449840 764582040. Im not sure where exactly this will put you but should be close enough that you’ll see channel markers and basin entrance. Since we moved tournament up and still have daylight what is everyone’s thoughts on final time for weigh in at 2:00pm? Also not many boats have come out of the marina for the season so check in will be at fish cleaning station. I will talk with management as to where we may be able to tie boats up. If your local like Marty and Garlein I’d suggest you come by with vehicle but will post if they are able to handle all boats involved. I don’t foresee any problems with this.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:56 AM

Congratulations to the 5th (Marty) and crew for catching the winning fish again this year.
It was a tough day fishing and water was loaded with debris. I never caught a legal fish but at least I didn't hit a log.
There's always next year !!!

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 10-16-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
Congratulations to the 5th (Marty) and crew for catching the winning fish again this year.
It was a tough day fishing and water was loaded with debris. I never caught a legal fish but at least I didn't hit a log.
There's always next year !!!
Thanks Bruce
It was tough fishing. What you failed to mention beside the debris, is that it was caused by unusually high "King Tides". Constant wind for the week prior to the tournament from offshore storms combined with a full moon, made getting to the boats an experience.
Calvin and I had to wade through only an inch of water over the pier. Mlag had several inches over his pier, and Mako Mike had knee deep water to tread through before getting to his floating pier
With tides so high, the current was screaming out of the bay. I hang a bilge pump over the side to pump fresh bay water into my spot container. The bilge pump has a 12 ounce sinker attached to keep it underwater while I sit stationary fishing.
The current was running so strong that it kept lifting my bilge pump out of the water and sucking air
I eventually removed it and simply went with my wash down pump for fresh bay water.
Obviously, the fish were less cooperative. We were very lucky to hang the winning fish early in the morning. Calvin had hand surgery about a month earlier and this was his first attempt to hold a fishing rod in a long time. Lucky for me, he pulled this fish out of the bridge pilings.
I can't wait for next year
5th