Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-10-2009, 07:28 PM

Hi, Jeff Newell here. I'm born and raised in Chestertown,MD. I work in sales for a local manufacturer and cover Viginia to Maine. With all this travel, I don't get out on the water nearly enough. I'm usually on a yellow hulled Judge 27' Chesapeake named "Sales Call" that I keep on the Chester River just above C-town. Married to a wife that LOVES boating (even fishing sometimes) and have 2 great dogs that love to boat as well. I hope to be able to get out fishing a bit more in the future. Surprisingly, the better I get at actually "catching" fish, the easier it is to find time to go. If you see me out, I try to monitor 68 but find myself usually turning it off fairly quickly. Just come by and toss me a sandwich or something, I'll stop.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:40 PM

Hi, I'm Phil Krausz. Getting ready to turn 53 in about a month. Born and bred in Canton area of Baltimore and recently moved to Essex.

Been fishing the bay proper since about 1978 mostly for rock and blues and fished all the rivers on the upper western shore before that for bass, crappie and perch. Thought I knew how to catch fish until this year, which has been a humbling year on the water for me.

I will fish pretty much any method, trolling, drift and bottom fishing, chumming, topwater, casting lures and have been giving LTJ more attention this year with limited success.

I am an electricain by trade working in manufacturing, maintaining and troubleshooting litho and can making equipment.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:43 PM

I'm Joe Dirt. I was born without the top of my skull and I guess a little bit of my brains was showin' and it was grossin' everybody out so my mom put a wig on me to cover it up and then the bones grew together and it got all infused and entwined. I drive a Hemi Roadrunner and once found a sweet meteor with a space peanut in it. I accidentally made out with my hot sister.

I also post on another board as "MartinM". He's supposedly 36 years old, married, lives in Rockville with a cool-ass wife, 6 year old daughter, and 3 year old son. He fishes out of Solomons on a 26' Sailfish WAC and wishes he had a chance to do so more often. He works a lot for a small, local coffee company, but gets to travel to cool places and fish there every once in a while.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:43 PM

Thumbs up I feel like I'm in a confessional

I'm Jamaal Brown and I'll turn 32 in December. I've been married for 11 years to my wife Rhonda and we have three children together, oldest boy is 15 and the twins are 9. If you choose to do the math please keep it to yourself, I'm soooo tired of hearing it . I was born and raised in Landover, Md and and joined the USAF right out of HS. Returned to Maryland and joined Steamfitters Local 602 and have been doing commercial HVAC ever since. I was once an amateur boxer back in my day, but now I'm pretty much a fat fisherman. I currently reside in AA county near Deale and have plans to hook up with goinfishin, Baldzilla, Drichitt, and Mlag at some point to do some fishing, hopefully sooner before later.

I'll pretty much fish for anything that swims and I really don't have a preferred method although I do tend to troll, jig, and bait(worms)fish more often than anything else. I do try to get out-of-town to fish a least a couple times per year, usually to OC or to the CBBT and those are almost always suicide trips(down and back in same day). My father introduced me to fishing as a child, but I've only been seriously fishing the bay since 2006, quite the rookie compared to some of you! I fish a Triumph 215cc w/ Honda BF150.

You're more likely to see me at the Rod-n-Reel ramp than anywhere else so if you catch me there please introduce yourself, I've met nothing but good people from fishing sites and I'd like to meet many more.

Great thread Mark, thanks for posting.

Thanks Jim for hosting this site, it seems like it's working great so far.

Happy 53rd B-day Jeff.

-JB

PS-Please fill out your profile and add a pic, it's nice to put a face with a name.

Last edited by Hakuna Matata; 11-10-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:11 PM

Jim Catterton 38 yrs old live in edgewater maryland. I am married and have a 3 year old son jake. Boat is a 2008 27 judge built by the master bill judge. Boat name is "Power Play" as i grew up playing hockey since the age of 4. Been working on my wife kelley on the rockfishing but she is hooked on offshore.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:49 AM

Hey Jim (Powerplay)............Cindy wants to know if you play hockey.......Why do you have a picture of a golf club on the back of your boat? Talk to you soon buddy......................Mark
Old 11-11-2009, 01:02 PM

Keith Dickinson here...cancer..I love soft music, frolicking in the woods and a good Harlequin book....wait, damnit..wrong board!!

Keith Dickinson, Mechanicsville, Trophy 2052, Anywhere from Breezy Point to Point Lookout. 37, wife, 3 kids, trying to get into business for myself. I was "bring_em_on" on the "brand-X" board.

If it swims, I like catching it.

Last edited by Slayer; 11-11-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:27 PM

just heard about this board so ill give it a try ...

Barry Turner

I am a LTJ addict ...
My boat is an 07 GW Gulfstream "Reel Y Late"
I grew up in Fork , MD ( near harford/baltimore co line) ,im 38 , married 4 years / 2 year old son ...we live in reisterstown .I own a small telecomm business that installs data- network /telephone cabling and business phone systems ( major discounts for fisherman) .

I keep my boat in solomons year round and TRY to fish from late march til december . I have only been seriously fishing the lower bay for 3 or 4 years now . This year I made it my goal to learn the area and catch my fish on lite tackle and lures that i make in my basement which has been very rewarding so far ...
IF you see me out there give a shout !
Old 11-11-2009, 04:53 PM

Greg
Live by the Bay Bridge
27 Judge Chesapeake
Wife and 3 kids

I work for a printing and direct mail company.

Grew up a S. Jersey boy fishing the ocean and DE Bay. I now chase striped bass from NJ to the CBBT. I love fishing for the big fish during the colder months. I have been known to liveline, troll, eel, jig, and chum too.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-13-2017 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:24 PM

Default You asked...sorry for the long post!

Paul Buckmaster, 45, live in Ellicott City with my wife of 15 yrs and our three sons. My twins are 11 and the little man is 6. Working on getting them into salt water fishing but for now the pond across the street from our home has their interest. We fish the pond for "Big Mitch". Mitch is the boys name for the Largemouth Bass that patrol the water. The boys liveline sunnies while I work on using the baitcaster and topwater plugs. My wife is our most revered angler. Couple of years ago her and some friends from the beach went out 73 miles to win the "Poor Girls Open", a C/R marlin tournament held the week after the White Marlin Open. She brought home a nice check and never lets me forget about it.

I'm co founder of Main Street Realty in EC. We are a full service brokerage offering 1.5% listings and a 20% buyer rebate. Business is a lot slower now and it gives me more time to fish. Gotta take the good with the bad. If you ever have questions about real estate I'd be happy to lend an ear. I'm most happy being self employed as it gives the flexibility that I crave. I used to own a Crown gasoline franchise.

I started fishing on the Bay when I was 7-8 yrs old with my father and grandfather. My father was a school teacher at Mervo in Balt City and had the summers off. My fishing addiction was inherited from both of them. They had it bad too! My grandfather owned a Winnebago and we'd spend just about every summer weekend driving from the Bodkin to Ches Beach in search of big rockfish. My mother and grandmother would load up a cooler full of Jack's Corn Beef sandwiches, a Lexington Market landmark, and drinks for the weekend. We'd mainly troll and drift soft crabs for our fish. I don't remember what the limits were but like most others we helped over fish the bay. We never wasted our fish, but looking back, we definitely took too many. I also fished with my dad in OC a lot. We'd rent a room in the Oceanic Motel overlooking the jetty. The conditions were poor but access to the fish overcame all obstacles. I was fishing for sea trout on the concrete sea wall with my dad when Elvis Presley died.

Way back then, catching fish in the upper bay was no problem. By the time I was in my early teens we had to move south to find them. We'd plug the Winnebago in at Buckmaster's Crab House (no affiliation) which was located in the Chesapeake Beach Rod and Reel Club parking lot. We would get on the water before sunrise and fish all day. We had a very good relationship with the charter captains. We would hang out with them on the back of their boats in the evenings comparing notes. They would eagerly share info on where, when and how to catch fish. I have a lot of respect for charter capt's. Most are humble guys with no political ties.

Maryland and Delaware instituted a moratorium on all striped bass fishing in 1985, following the collapse of the fishery during the early 1980s. We stopped fishing during the moratorium. Then in 1988 my dad suddenly passed away and I all but forgot about fishing the bay. It was easily 10 years before I decided to buy a boat and get on with life. Now I fish as often as I can on my 20' Sea Hunt CC or joining guys I've met on TF or old friends. I also prefer cold weather fishing for BUBBA and do not care much for summer fishing. I"m kind of quiet on the water and I"m not a big HO guy as it makes me nervous to fish with some internet stranger( I don't consider regular posters strangers ).

Nice post Mark and its helpful to get some background on all you fishing crazies. See you on the water.

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"